Has anyone owned a Vortex Diamondback or Redfield Fullfield

Looking for a new scope just don't want to re mortgage the house to do it. Just looking for something clear and reliable longest possible distance of shots would be around 250yds. These were the brands I was currently looking really don't want to invest over 300.

2. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Everything Vortex makes is excellent at its particular price range. They have the best warranty in the business last I knew. My brother has a couple of the VIPER PST scopes and loves them.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

3. Member
    I have a Vortex Diamondback 4x16 side focus and really like it a lot. Would definitely choose it over a Redfield.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

You can't go wrong with a Vortex. I have a newer Redfield witch Leupold bought out I think and like it. If I had to choose, I'd go Vortex.

Both are good from what I hear. I have used Redfield scope and they are good at their price point. Look into Meopta’s scopes. All are great and better than either of the two you listed IMO.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

6. Member
    Opinions on Burris scopes. Im lookin between Vortex Leupold and Burris. Long range shooting. Or will take opinions on others.

The Vortex Diamondback is a great scope for under $200.
    I put one on a scary black gun and am very pleased
    You can lead a horticulture,
    but you can't make her think.

Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Opinions on Burris scopes. Im lookin between Vortex Leupold and Burris. Long range shooting. Or will take opinions on others.
    check out sightron s tac alot of scope for decent price, i have one one my 6.5 cm and shoot out to 800 yds with it. another is hawke optics. Put one on my 300 win mag and again, its a lot of scope dor decent price.

Im a scope whoremonger, not set on any brand and give all brands a chance. I like Leupold, redfield, vortex, burris sightron, hawke, Bushnell.

There is a branch at my place of employment that torture tests optics, the division manager said vortex out performs all optics in their testing.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yetti462 View Post
    check out sightron s tac alot of scope for decent price, i have one one my 6.5 cm and shoot out to 800 yds with it. another is hawke optics. Put one on my 300 win mag and again, its a lot of scope dor decent price.

Im a scope whoremonger, not set on any brand and give all brands a chance. I like Leupold, redfield, vortex, burris sightron, hawke, Bushnell.

There is a branch at my place of employment that torture tests optics, the division manager said vortex out performs all optics in their testing.
    Ill look into those other brands... I however think im leaning toward Vortex. Found a couple im really liking the specs. Not cheap but nothing good is cheap. This will also go on a 6.5 creed..

10. Member

Another question where are you shooting 800 yards ??? Your own property or is there a range im not aware of.

Another question where are you shooting 800 yards ??? Your own property or is there a range im not aware of.
    my buddy has the 800 yd target. I have a 500 yd at my house, going to go to my neighbors and try to find 1000. With hills and hollers its hard to get a long distance target.

12. Member
    my buddy has the 800 yd target. I have a 500 yd at my house, going to go to my neighbors and try to find 1000. With hills and hollers its hard to get a long distance target.
    Lucky dog

13. Member
    I bought a Diamondback from a shop that was going out of business because it was 60% off. The clarity of the glass left a lot to be desired when compared to what's on all of my Leupold's that I run. I sold it without even mounting it to a rifle. In your price range, I'd look at the Leupold Freedom line.

14. Member
    Anyone have experience with the Vortex Strike Eagle line ??? 5-25X56 with a 34MM barrel matches up well with their way higher line. Friend says he cant tell a difference and is talking me out of the Razor HD II. We are talking over a 1k difference in price.

15. Member
    Anyone have experience with the Vortex Strike Eagle line ??? 5-25X56 with a 34MM barrel matches up well with their way higher line. Friend says he cant tell a difference and is talking me out of the Razor HD II. We are talking over a 1k difference in price.
    I have a Strike Eagle on my AR, the 1x8 with 30mm tube. Like Fishballer, I was disappointed in the glass clarity with the Diamondback I'd had on the same AR, so exchanged it for the Strike Eagle. The clarity and brightness are better. Not $1000++ higher end optic better, but plenty good enough for the 100yd and under shooting I do.

Shoot your buddy's gun that has the Strike Eagle scope mounted. If it works for you, there's probably no reason to spend more.
    John

16. Member
    I have a Vortex on one of my AR rifles. Recommended by my brother. Excellent qualities for the price line. Nothing to bad to say about the Vortex line.
    2005 Triton TR20X-Mercury Pro XS 4.6L V-8 250 HP Serial # 3B378953
    2016 Harris Cruiser 24-2016 Mercury150XL-Serial # 2B232319

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jejb View Post
    I have a Strike Eagle on my AR, the 1x8 with 30mm tube. Like Fishballer, I was disappointed in the glass clarity with the Diamondback I'd had on the same AR, so exchanged it for the Strike Eagle. The clarity and brightness are better. Not $1000++ higher end optic better, but plenty good enough for the 100yd and under shooting I do.

Shoot your buddy's gun that has the Strike Eagle scope mounted. If it works for you, there's probably no reason to spend more.
    He doesnt have the strike eagle I am interested in. His is I believe more in line with your model. Im looking for LONG range. Im just not sure if its one of those deals where I should buy once cry once or roll with the lower model as the gun will probably out shoot me. If that makes sense.