Thread: Bass Talk Live

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    BTL kept me going after my double knee replacement a couple of years ago, listened to or watched every episode there was. That being said I think its time for some new blood and for Jeffrey's to enjoy life a little. Panger and Hallman bring more tournament perspective and a little bit of controversy to the show...which I like. Jeffrey's was a little timid around some guests and just wouldn't venture into the deep end. I congratulate him on building a very successful show and wish him nothing but the best....

2. Member
    i think that when they did Frank Thursday's it kind of split the spirit of the show into 2 shows and put less of a big light on Panger. Just always felt that way and since that started i just feel the show has been 'off' and not unified.

3. Member
    If this results in more Ken Duke, i'm OK with it.
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.
    YouTube: PunchFishing

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by punch View Post
    If this results in more Ken Duke, i'm OK with it.
    Yeah Ken Duke is good. So is Frank Thursdays.

5. Member
    If I were Panger I would be wanting to get that studio in my house. I believe he drives 2 hours one way to the studio. That alone would save him some $$. Plus I think Hallman lives near Panger.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    If I were Panger I would be wanting to get that studio in my house. I believe he drives 2 hours one way to the studio. That alone would save him some $$. Plus I think Hallman lives near Panger.
    Incorrect. Hallman lives in west Edmond, Matt lives near Tulsa.

-b-

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bzbrent View Post
    Incorrect. Hallman lives in west Edmond, Matt lives near Tulsa.

-b-
    For some reason I thought they lived closer to each other than the trip to the studio. But hey im usually wrong.

8. Member
    Hope the show lives on. It's the best fishing talk show out there.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tallman View Post
    I have learned alot from Frank Scalish on the Thursday's but he is total tank 'sell Pradco' and i just don't know if he has a lasting presence and connection to tournament fishing like Mark and Matt have. Frank is "out" on tournament fishing and is a full time Pradco lure designer and has been for years. I think who takes this on needs to be there in the lanes of tournament fishing every day to make this show the buzz it has been. Maybe Frank has that in him. Andrew Upshaw would have been a good one to work alongside Matt, but i think he just moved down to East Texas this year.
    And….every story Frank tells he is smashing them and they are all big ones-he Does not catch little fish -if he is that good he should go back to the elites -now that would be cool to see if he can make it!!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by creekchub View Post
    And….every story Frank tells he is smashing them and they are all big ones-he Does not catch little fish -if he is that good he should go back to the elites -now that would be cool to see if he can make it!!
    Some of the best anglers in the world don’t fish tournament’s, it’s not a lifestyle for everyone.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    Matt will be taking over the helm.
    Lol. No way show will survive. Personally, I like show best when Matt is absent. Now if Frank was calling the shots, it would be great.

12. Member
    I am happy for Mark and Matt.
    Mark go spend some time with the wife and just enjoy.

Matt you got this! Just think how cool it will be for the show to follow him in Opens and into the Elites. Looking forward to that.
    Semper Fi

13. Member
    I’ve been listening to some form off basszone’s tournament coverage for about 15 years, dating back to the XM radio days. It will be a sad day when Mark hangs it up, but I really enjoy Panger’s perspective. Not sure what the show looks like going forward, but I trust that I’ll still listen to most every episode. I hope they keep up with the four day a week schedule.

I wasn’t a big Frank Scalish fan at first, but have grown to really look forward to his show every week. His C-rig show was super helpful. If it’s a heavy dose of Panger, Hellman, Frank, and Mark when ever he wants to hop back in, they’ll continue to be the best coverage around.
    TRB

2016 Skeeter ZX 250
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    Helm: HDS Live
    Bow: HDS Live with AT1

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tallman View Post
    I have learned alot from Frank Scalish on the Thursday's but he is total tank 'sell Pradco' and i just don't know if he has a lasting presence and connection to tournament fishing like Mark and Matt have. Frank is "out" on tournament fishing and is a full time Pradco lure designer and has been for years. I think who takes this on needs to be there in the lanes of tournament fishing every day to make this show the buzz it has been. Maybe Frank has that in him. Andrew Upshaw would have been a good one to work alongside Matt, but i think he just moved down to East Texas this year.
    Agreed. I like Frank, but even when he’s on once a week his is already starting to repeat stories and lure breakdowns / lessons. He also doesn’t seem to follow bass fishing closely and tends to relate everything to his own career. He’s great once a week, but don’t see him as an everyday host.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Heethen View Post
    Lol. No way show will survive. Personally, I like show best when Matt is absent. Now if Frank was calling the shots, it would be great.
    Matt will do just fine. Mark sure was a great host and irreplaceable but I believe Matt will do great and if Hallman joins in it will be even better. Frank is a good addition once a week. It’s just pradco infomercials now. When he first started I learned a lot. But all will keep the show moving. I hope Duke isn’t a permanent host though, I skip over those episodes lately
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

I hate to hear that he is retiring, but it sounds like he needs to due to his health. Matt and him have a great dynamic together for the show. I am sure that Matt will carry on just fine with the show, but I think it could be a challenge with as many events as he is planning on fishing.
    Team Enigma Fishing

A couple of months back, Mark talked like he was going to have a show covering the Angler X story. I was really looking forward to that one, since it was pretty much kept secret. Probably not going to happen now.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    Matt will do just fine. Mark sure was a great host and irreplaceable but I believe Matt will do great and if Hallman joins in it will be even better. Frank is a good addition once a week. It’s just pradco infomercials now. When he first started I learned a lot. But all will keep the show moving. I hope Duke isn’t a permanent host though, I skip over those episodes lately
    Yeah I skip over the majority of Frank's and Ken's shows. I just don't fish similar to Frank so most of the stuff he tries to teach isn't helpful for me. Ken just repeats the same stories and comments every show. I finally just got tired of hearing the same spiel every show about how bass fishing hasn't grown.
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Heethen View Post
    Willing to bet you'll be very wrong.
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by creekchub View Post
    I skip all the Frank shows exactly because of this.
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.
    YouTube: PunchFishing

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast