Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar

Anyone start to watch the documentary on the Beatles???

Starting watching part 1 of the 3 part docu so far not impressed at all anyone else . What’s your imput on it so far
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

My cousin said the same thing about the first one, haven't heard if she's watched the rest of them.

3. Member
    I thinks it's great. I've watched parts 1 and 2. It's long but you get to watch incredible songs being written. The process is interesting to me. If your not a Beatles fan, you probably will find it boring though.

4. Member
    Started the first one. If you're not a Beatles fan, it's like watching paint dry. It is interesting watching how several of their biggest hits came into being. McCartney doodling on the guitar while waiting for Lennon to show up came up with the basic tune of "Get Back". Another scene is concentrating on a conversation Lennon is having while in the background you can hear McCartney coming up with the first bars of "Let it Be". Lot of not so interesting stuff between those moments, though. I like the Beatles, so I'll watch the rest with interest. May want to pass if you're not a fan.

Nope! Not a fan.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

6. Member
    Gets much better when they leave the warehouse and move to the studio.

Part 3 is the best one though as the last hour is the rooftop concert!

7. dartag1829
    Agree even if you don't want to watch it all. Watch the last hour for the roof top concert. It was the last time they played together in public.

8. Member
    It's like spending an evening watching Aaron Martens organize his tackle and re-tie his rods before the final day at Havasu or Champlain. Genius is sometimes messy and confusing to us mere mortals. Very interesting to see their personalities in action, much more likable than I thought. Never knew that "Get Back" started out as a pro-immigration protest song.

9. Member
    Halfway through the second…….feels like a so so 9 hour journey that could have been a killer 3 hour documentary.

10. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Well watched the next segment not impressed at all way too drawn out for me and the last even with the concert really wasn't that much more interesting , but maybe that is just me others might find it interesting but in actually I think they could of made it more interesting in a lot less time...But to each there own as they say...

11. Member
    You had to be a Beatles fan or just enjoy watching and learning how to write songs

which network/ show is it on?
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

13. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Disney+ is where I watched it streaming I guess...lol

14. Member
    I watched only two episodes. Don't want to continue...

Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post
    Disney+ is where I watched it streaming I guess...lol
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

16. Member
    You'll be able to order the director's cut which is 14 hours after the series airs.

Quote Originally Posted by JHenry View Post
    You'll be able to order the director's cut which is 14 hours after the series airs.
    14 hours, yikes! In some ways you could say I grew up with the Beatles. I watched them on the Ed Sullivan show with my grandparents. They were clucking about how long the Beatles hair was. They were amazingly popular back then, literally front page news at times.

18. Member
    where can you watch. I have all the channels and have not seen it
    1995 Ranger 690 VS
    2008 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Flop Fisher View Post
    where can you watch. I have all the channels and have not seen it
    Disney+

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisMH&F View Post
    It's like spending an evening watching Aaron Martens organize his tackle and re-tie his rods before the final day at Havasu or Champlain. Genius is sometimes messy and confusing to us mere mortals. Very interesting to see their personalities in action, much more likable than I thought. Never knew that "Get Back" started out as a pro-immigration protest song.
    I have to agree with you here 100%, it’s not action packed at all, just raw unscripted talent unfolding into chords and lyrics. I’m 36 and way to late to have been growing up on the Beatles but I can appreciate the talent. Never knew they were in hot water by John talking about God/Faith early on. Although strong talent doesn’t always mix well, they seem to have a respect for each other.
    Great comparison to A-mart (RIP), some would watch him working tackle and think something was seriously wrong with him, I always appreciated his personality
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast