Force motor will not spin prop

I have had my force just a little one a year. This past Friday while fishing the motor stopped spinning the prop. The steering works and spot lock works without turning the prop. The prop light is on as well. I turned it off and unplugged it to essentially reboot it. Same issue except now when first turn it on the panel flashes the green lights for 15 or so seconds like it is trying to update then all three green light for connection, battery and satellite come on. It will steer and show the strength of power with turning up the power but the motor does not work. When I got home I downloaded the latest version and it did not change anything. Other than the well documented spot lock backing up issue it has been a good motor. I ran through the various trouble shooting procedures that Garmin has online with nothing that helped. Anyone else run into this issue yet.

2. Banned
    no... I would call garmin..

Did you re-pair the footpedal to the TM? Looks like they are not comunicating.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    Did you re-pair the footpedal to the TM? Looks like they are not comunicating.
    Yes. I repaired it and is it responds to the pedal and the remote but no turning the prop. I emailed Garmin waiting to hear form them. It is like the motor is not getting power while the rest of it is.

5. Member
    Try the remote to isolate the pedal being the faulty piece?

Quote Originally Posted by HenryPF View Post
    Try the remote to isolate the pedal being the faulty piece?
    I did that too. You can turn the motor with either the pedal or the remote. When you call for power to the prop the light comes on likes it's working but the prop itself does not turn. I can manually turn the prop by hand so it is not frozen. It is like their is no power being delivered to the motor itself. No word from Garmin yet.

7. Banned
    have you taken the prop off to see if any line is in it?

Quote Originally Posted by coachallen View Post
    have you taken the prop off to see if any line is in it?
    Yes. No line or obvious damage. Prop turns freely by hand. It was literally work. Put is on spot lock and next thing I know I am drifting. Hit the pedal again and spot lock turned on, prop light turned on but no prop turning. Kept drifting in the wind. Had to use the big engine to keep form hitting the rocks on the shore. Rebooted it several times and same issue. Repaired the pedal and no change. I like the motor but this is a big red flag.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by iron banks View Post
    Yes. No line or obvious damage. Prop turns freely by hand. It was literally work. Put is on spot lock and next thing I know I am drifting. Hit the pedal again and spot lock turned on, prop light turned on but no prop turning. Kept drifting in the wind. Had to use the big engine to keep form hitting the rocks on the shore. Rebooted it several times and same issue. Repaired the pedal and no change. I like the motor but this is a big red flag.
    I am very interested to see what garmin says .. Hopefully they will make it right.

10. Member
    Mine did that but only after a new transducer install a wire pulled loose in the motor control circuit board ,they sent me a new trolling motor so I was happy .The tech was able to tell me the pedal was not communicating with motor,I also was told to push heading hold button 12 times then the light will turn purple then I'm old and can't remember the rest but it didn't help.lol good luck

Quote Originally Posted by 2dwoods View Post
    Mine did that but only after a new transducer install a wire pulled loose in the motor control circuit board ,they sent me a new trolling motor so I was happy .The tech was able to tell me the pedal was not communicating with motor,I also was told to push heading hold button 12 times then the light will turn purple then I'm old and can't remember the rest but it didn't help.lol good luck
    Thanks for the info. My motor is stock as I have never turned a wrench on it before this occurred. It is a power issue and I believe the motor is not getting power down in the foot. Waiting to hear from Garmin. I am kinda of upset that they don't have service centers available in the area. My trolling motor repair guy told me Garmin does not have field service centers yet when I reached out to him. Shipping a motor is expensive on the customers dime.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2dwoods View Post
    I did the exact same thing. I replaced the transducer, and when we put it back together the cable was a little twisted. That caused the power connection in the lower pod to come off of the circuit board. It would steer and everything except put power to the prop. I dug right in there and tried to fix it myself because I couldn't stand to be without my TM! Well needless to say I went the rest of the season without it. Even though I had dug right in there, Garmin went ahead and replaced the motor anyway! I can't ever say enough good about them. They certainly didn't have to do that.

Garmin is replacing the shaft, motor, and servo. I keep the prop, mount, pedal and remote. I think this is an amicable solution as those items seem to work as they should.

Quote Originally Posted by iron banks View Post
    Garmin is replacing the shaft, motor, and servo. I keep the prop, mount, pedal and remote. I think this is an amicable solution as those items seem to work as they should.
    Its an easy swap as well.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,