What is this? Picture inside

I'm rewiring the battery compartment, new to me 2007 Triton 21X HP. I can across a black wire, ground of some sort I presume. It has an eyelet on it, but wasn't connected to anything. It was long enough to be connected to the first of the 3 trolling motor batteries. I traced it back behind the steel panel the battery switches are mounted on. It lead me to this item in the bilge area. It's forward of all the pumps and screwed to the floor. It has two other wires plus the black wire I traced back to it. Any idea what it is? Thanks for your time and assistance.

Bilge.jpg

2. Member
    Given it's location and wiring I would say a float switch for the bulge pumps, I just haven't seen one shaped like that personally.

3. Member
    Thanks for the reply. I was thinking the same thing, float switch for the bilge. I've done some searching on the internet but I have not found a 3 wire version, or anything that looks like it, so I'm not sure either.

4. Member
    3rd wire is to power 2nd pump. Float switch turns both pumps on.

Dash switch turns on regular bilge pump only.

5. Member
    So I am to assume the black wire I found lose is the ground to the float switch and it needs to be connected to the neg battery terminal, without it the black wire connected..no auto bilge. The manual bilge works with the dash switch perfectly.