Lodging for stick marsh

Guys I’m looking to come down for a few days and in February to fish with severs friends and we’re looking for suggestions on a place to stay any help would be great.

2. Member
    Hotels are in Sebastian and Vero , both areas have food and lodging and about 30 minutes from the ramp. I’ve stayed at Hampton Bay in Vero (next to 1-95) and a Cracker Barrel next door. You can use the CB lot to park your boat to charge .

Davis House inn in Sebastion they give a discount if you mention 'Hooked on Headwaters'. Look at FB or Youtube "Hooked on Headwaters". Ive not stayed there but had had been recommended.
    Davis House Innwww.davishouseinn.com Address: 607 Davis St, Sebastian, FL 32958 (772) 589-4114

. South Palmbay is only 25 min away, but yrs ago when I stayed not much above 1Star.
    2018 Nitro Z18
    175 HP Merc ProXs
    16ft Monark - all Electric (70#bow, 2x45# stern)

4. Member
    Minus a few locations, the only way I travel now is via ABNB. So many options and you can communicate with the owners for your needs (i.e. boat charging). More important, boat is a lot safer. Finally, so much more relaxing and getting tackle ready for the next day.

5. Derek McCullough
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion922 View Post
    Minus a few locations, the only way I travel now is via ABNB. So many options and you can communicate with the owners for your needs (i.e. boat charging). More important, boat is a lot safer. Finally, so much more relaxing and getting tackle ready for the next day.
    I will echo this. We always VRBO or ABNB when we come down to FL to fish, much easier than carrying stuff in and out of elevators, much more quiet and relaxing at night and usually a grill and good kitchen setup to grill some burgers or steaks after a long day of fishing.

6. Member
    https://www.google.com/travel/hotels...CQoFOgNVU0QaAA

We've stayed here for about 15 years. We normally come down late Feb or early March for a week. The ramp is about half hour away, but there is a BPS practically in the parking lot and more places to eat than you can count. Parking can be a bear if you roll in too late.

7. Member
    May I recommend the Holiday Inn Express in Palm Bay FL. Stick Marsh is a few miles south on Babcock Street. Double check but I am pretty sure the manager there has installed outlets for charging bass boats. I hear Mr. Bill Dance stays there when fishing Stick Marsh.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by csurp View Post
    May I recommend the Holiday Inn Express in Palm Bay FL. Stick Marsh is a few miles south on Babcock Street. Double check but I am pretty sure the manager there has installed outlets for charging bass boats. I hear Mr. Bill Dance stays there when fishing Stick Marsh.
    My son and I just got back from there yesterday. Stayed in this motel and found it to be suitable. It’s about as close as you can get to stick marsh but I wouldn’t wast my time there. They have nuked the SM and it’s now just a barren waste land. We went there and caught two bass flipping along the edge. Best bet is to go to headwaters. There is still grass there and the fishing is much better. We fished Monday to Friday and caught around 75 to 100 bass with the largest around 5.if you can afford shiners at $24.00 a dozen that’s the way to go. The shiner bite is great right now. Otherwise we did ok on flukes and top water. Whopper plopper worked pretty good as did a bang-O- lure, if you have any. Devils horse might work too. Water temp was in the low 60’s in the morning but would warm up to around 70 by the end of the day. Good luck!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    My son and I just got back from there yesterday. Stayed in this motel and found it to be suitable. It’s about as close as you can get to stick marsh but I wouldn’t wast my time there. They have nuked the SM and it’s now just a barren waste land. We went there and caught two bass flipping along the edge. Best bet is to go to headwaters. There is still grass there and the fishing is much better. We fished Monday to Friday and caught around 75 to 100 bass with the largest around 5.if you can afford shiners at $24.00 a dozen that’s the way to go. The shiner bite is great right now. Otherwise we did ok on flukes and top water. Whopper plopper worked pretty good as did a bang-O- lure, if you have any. Devils horse might work too. Water temp was in the low 60’s in the morning but would warm up to around 70 by the end of the day. Good luck!
    Weakens my heart about SM. Stopped going last year after 15 plus years of going multiple times a year. I miss 100 bass days there. Uggg

Also check AirBnB and VRBO

11. Member
    I'm no fan of the FWC Spraying Program as most of you should know by now.

BUT A lot of the Grasses and Hydrilla are not dead from Spraying they just die back this time of year. Places on Headwaters where it was like a solid mat for as far as you can see are now looking like Open Water--- But it's not. The Hydrilla is there just a few feet under the Surface right now.

I just prefer the Truth to Fish Tales.

However there are or could be places where the FWC has nuked as this seems to be a year round deal with their Contractors.

12. Member
    I would fish Headwaters and stay away from Stick Marsh... FWC has done a lot of weed spraying there... Headwaters is fine. We have been catching a lot if fish at Garcia too.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFlyer View Post
    I would fish Headwaters and stay away from Stick Marsh... FWC has done a lot of weed spraying there... Headwaters is fine. We have been catching a lot if fish at Garcia too.
    Making plans now to come down to Headwaters for a few days, BIL was there last week and boated 33. Thinking 2nd or 4th week of Feb.

14. Member
    Ive been doing well as far as numbers at HW, but not many over 2-3lbs. SM I did ok, 8 fish around 2lbs, Garcia was good 12 fish a couple around 3 and one 4.9lbs last time I went.. All in the last month or so.
    1988 Bass Tacker Tournament Pro V17, 70 HP 2 stroke Mercury, Minn Kota Edge, Garmin 7CV (SOLD)
    2022 Bass Tracker Classic XL, 50HP 4 stroke, Minn Kota Edge, Garmin 93SV, Micro Anchor

15. Member
    Headwaters is being hammered right now and a lot of big fish are being caught. Pending cold weather you are coming at a prime time to catch a giant. But be forewarned you will have a lot of company to contend with. Have fun and enjoy a great fishery !

Quote Originally Posted by gambler1 View Post
    Headwaters is being hammered right now and a lot of big fish are being caught. Pending cold weather you are coming at a prime time to catch a giant. But be forewarned you will have a lot of company to contend with. Have fun and enjoy a great fishery !
    Yea is what it is, Booked my flight Feb 7 to 11th, be on the water 8th and 9th and then maybe some saltwater on the 10th. My BIL is a fishing fool.

17. Member
    I just got home yesterday from Stick Marsh, Head Waters, and Rodman. First time I have been on any of them but the guys with me had been on them before. Rodman, we fished on Thursday and Friday catching 7 fish on Thurs with a 5.3 and 5.9 in those. Friday, we had 8 fish with a 6.7, 5.2, 4.9 in them. Then we went to Stick Marsh on Saturday and caught 24 fish with 3.14 being the biggest. Sunday, we went back to Stick Marsh while another boat went to Headwaters. We were the only boat at the Stick Marsh ramp period, and we caught 12 fish with a 6.15, 6.8, 6.5, 5.3, 5.0. We obviously fished in a flood while tornadoes were in the area without our knowledge on Sunday, but it beat the heck out of the snow, we came home to in TN yesterday. We stayed at the Holiday Inn express in Vero Beach next to Steak and Shake. Light poles have outlets to charge your batteries as well. Creel man said no one was catching much of anything at Headwaters but the other boat with us went and only caught 3 fish and nothing of size on Sunday while we were at Stick Marsh.

Quote Originally Posted by tmapes225 View Post
    I just got home yesterday from Stick Marsh, Head Waters, and Rodman. First time I have been on any of them but the guys with me had been on them before. Rodman, we fished on Thursday and Friday catching 7 fish on Thurs with a 5.3 and 5.9 in those. Friday, we had 8 fish with a 6.7, 5.2, 4.9 in them. Then we went to Stick Marsh on Saturday and caught 24 fish with 3.14 being the biggest. Sunday, we went back to Stick Marsh while another boat went to Headwaters. We were the only boat at the Stick Marsh ramp period, and we caught 12 fish with a 6.15, 6.8, 6.5, 5.3, 5.0. We obviously fished in a flood while tornadoes were in the area without our knowledge on Sunday, but it beat the heck out of the snow, we came home to in TN yesterday. We stayed at the Holiday Inn express in Vero Beach next to Steak and Shake. Light poles have outlets to charge your batteries as well. Creel man said no one was catching much of anything at Headwaters but the other boat with us went and only caught 3 fish and nothing of size on Sunday while we were at Stick Marsh.
    Thanks for the report, I have been on the Stick Marsh some really good days and some really bad. It's Headwaters or bust this trip. will post a report.
    Last edited by Bassdeer; 02-15-2022 at 06:46 AM.

19. Banned
    Remember the stick marsh has a blue green algae warning issued by the health department.