Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    I’ve had three Polaris rangers and won’t own anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
    Looking at 3 seater bench UTVs, Gasoline. Utility, not sport. Does not need to be a beast, no winch required. Considering Polaris Ranger or CanAm defender. Any to avoid?
    John Deere Gator, especially if you're gonna use it primarily to WORK. Power dump bed, 1400 pound payload (Yamaha Viking is only 600 pounds). Plus, JD parts/service are always around in every town.
    Azure AZ200 (with stuff like cupholders, bathroom and table)

3. Member
    The new Yamaha RMAX is getting a lot of love but it is a pretty new offering. As far as Honda low range issues my understanding is it's mostly user error. I'm pretty new to the SxS world as I just bought my first, Honda Talon 1000R, in June but if I needed pure utility it'd be Pioneer or RMAX.

4. Member
    I have a 2008 Polaris and it’s been nearly flawless. Replaced the stator a few months back and that was the first and only issue/repair.

Speed UTV.

6. Member
    The Yamaha, Honda, and Kawasaki are all very reliable and will serve your purpose well OP.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    stick with the JAPANESE, their stuff just has less problems.

YAMAHA VIKING
    HONDA PIONEER
    KAWASAKI TERYX

If I avoided any it would be Polaris.
    I have an 07 Yamaha Rhino 660 that runs great and has the original belt on it still. It isn't the fastest on the trail but it will go anywhere the new ones will, the CanAm and Polaris
    UTVs that I have seen don't even have front differential lock like the Rhino does.

8. Moderator
    I have a 2020 Mule FXT Pro with around 1400 miles so far. I drive it on the road a lot to and from a piece of property I own about 7 miles from my house. I really enjoy it. Can haul 6 people plus gear or push the rear seat up to make it one row and have a huge bed. Tons of accessories as well. 3cyl liquid cooled. 48hp if I remember correctly.

9. Member
    Have a 2005 Polaris Ranger 700XP, first year for fuel injection. 435+ hours and not one problem. Put new tires on this summer, 16 years old they were starting to dry rot. No new belt yet, has plowed our 600’ drive for 13 years and still going strong. Had 2 Polaris Sportsman 500’s 4 wheelers and never a problem with them also.
    2018 AlumaCraft Competitor 185cs, 2018 Yamaha F150XB w/2019 Yamaha T9.9 kicker w/Trollsmarter
    Heritage Custom Trailer w/Torsion axle / Vault Hubs & 4 step Trick Step
    Terrova 80# 24v I-Pilot, GARMIN 126sv
    Towed by: 2018 Chevy Colorado V6 Crew Cab 4x4 Long bed or 2016 Winnebago 38Q

10. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    I had the opportunity to ride in them in the mountains of New Zealand while there for a red stag hunt ever outfitter had Yamaha or Honda. They said the belt drives on the Polaris wouldn’t hold up for them.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

11. Member
    Honda
    can am
    mule

end of list would be Polaris.

I have a Kubota works great!!

I'm on my 4th Polaris Ranger and wouldn't have anything else. If you were strictly going to by using it for work or farm I would recommend a Mule Pro FXT. They struggle however with trail riding due to their low ground clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    I have an 07 Yamaha Rhino 660 that runs great and has the original belt on it still. It isn't the fastest on the trail but it will go anywhere the new ones will, the CanAm and Polaris
    UTVs that I have seen don't even have front differential lock like the Rhino does.
    All Polaris UTVs lock both front wheels by design. They do not need a special diff lock switch.

15. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by vatreefarmer View Post
    John Deere Gator, especially if you're gonna use it primarily to WORK. Power dump bed, 1400 pound payload (Yamaha Viking is only 600 pounds). Plus, JD parts/service are always around in every town.
    This is what I considered when I ordered my 835M. Should be here next week. Kids are pumped!

16. Member
    If I were buying one strictly for work and not play, I would definitely consider a Mule or a Gator.

17. Member
    I have a 2016 Yamaha Viking. It's been a really great machine for us. We use it for farm work and hunting. I've taken it on a few rides with machines far more capable and was impressed what it was able to do and endure. No issues at all and very comfortable. It's got a wide wheel base making it stable on hillsides and enough engine to pull up any hill within reason....and some not so much in reason. lol.

Had a Teryx I mostly used for playing in the mud and some work. Was concerned on the belt, but never had an issue.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    The new Yamaha RMAX is getting a lot of love but it is a pretty new offering. As far as Honda low range issues my understanding is it's mostly user error. I'm pretty new to the SxS world as I just bought my first, Honda Talon 1000R, in June but if I needed pure utility it'd be Pioneer or RMAX.
    The RMAX is not a utility machine. They are built for recreation and sport. The 4 seat model doesn't even have a bed.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Altro Cat View Post
    All Polaris UTVs lock both front wheels by design. They do not need a special diff lock switch.
    They don't work as good, they have to spin first before they engage, I would rather have a button to lock it when I want it to and know it's locked like on a Yamaha.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast