Thread: ALX RUMBLE

ALX RUMBLE

Haven’t seen many talk about the ALX rumble on here, 7’1” glass/carbon mix targeted towards chatterbaits/blades. anyone fishing with one that can give feedback? The website reviews look promising, just wanted to hear from some real world users on the forums. Looking to save on the 3 rod bundle as I was going to get my dad and myself a hustler and figured I could use another rod if it meant a discount was included

2. Member
    I bought one this Spring to replace my Dobyns 736 Glass chatterbait rod. I liked it so much I had to have another. The Rumble is light and sensitive with just the right amount of tip. It also has a shorter handle than the Dobyns which I prefer. I highly recommend the rod if you're the type that likes a composite rod for Chatterbaits.

3. Member
    Works great. Great for swim jigs and should work good for spinnerbaits also but I haven’t used mine for that yet.

Yeah it stinks you can't do a search and have much come up because it's been mentioned a fair bit. You can't even search by ALX and have info about us come up because ALX is too short of a search term apparently.

We spent a long time developing the rod because it had to be right. About the top 30% of the rod is glass and then transitions into a carbon fiber, heavy power jig rod. The tip throws a 3/8oz pretty well and 1/2 oz with a trailer bait is the sweet spot to me. 3/4 - 1oz is ok because the backend supports the tip from becoming flimsy on the cast. The great thing about the glass tip is it does not make the rod tip heavy but it does allow some give to let the bait hunt and also let it load up a bit when a fish hammers it. The power transitions quickly into the "jig rod" part so you have a great hookset with the heavy wire jig hook in most c'baits.

We did have trouble keeping them in stock as the demand exceeded what we planned on producing when it was originally launched. We've done a good job though making sure they stay in stock once we met the initial rush.

The rod handles well in hand and has very good sensitivity because 70% of it is carbon fiber.

I do not like the Rumble as a jig or worm rod. It's outstanding as a single hook, moving bait rod. I've personally used it for flukes as well - mind you I burn a fluke typically as opposed to jerking it - and the hookups are rock solid.

5. Member
    I bought a Rumble from ALX this fall and love it! I had been throwing chatterbaits on an ALX Enox LSB and it was really good. The Rumble is even better. Two buddies have tried mine. Both now own a Rumble. You will be pleased

6. Member
    At first I thought that top paragraph was sarcasm and I was like well shit I spent a good amount of time trying to find anything on the Internet about it and didn’t come up with much other then a few of your overview videos, I called Wednesday to talk to you but was in a bad part of the hill country in Texas and lost service, I will probably call again tomorrow to go over the hustler which was what called about. Sounds like I’ll be ordering a rumble for the upcoming season and may be ordering another soon after. Thanks for the responses

7. Member
    If it works well for chatterbaits I assume it will do fine for spinnerbaits?

8. Member
    That’s what those who have tried both on it say, as well as swim jigs, it’s labeled as being geared towards single hook, moving bait style lures but have seen a couple reviews that say it also handles a lipless crank good as well, I’ll be buying one today and with a little luck may have it by the weekend for a trip to Rayburn

Quote Originally Posted by YamahaRacing55 View Post
    At first I thought that top paragraph was sarcasm and I was like well shit I spent a good amount of time trying to find anything on the Internet about it and didn’t come up with much other then a few of your overview videos, I called Wednesday to talk to you but was in a bad part of the hill country in Texas and lost service, I will probably call again tomorrow to go over the hustler which was what called about. Sounds like I’ll be ordering a rumble for the upcoming season and may be ordering another soon after. Thanks for the responses
    I'm a Hustler owner and to me its outstanding. I love a glass rod because I'm quick on the hookset and it allows the fish to take it in better.

Quote Originally Posted by YamahaRacing55 View Post
    Nah no sarcasm. I wasn't clear though - meant on BBC. You can't do searches here for ALX because "ALX Rods" brings back anything with rods in it and "ALX" is too short. Specific terms have to be at least 4 letters.

I figured you must have been on the road. Happy to talk thru it when you have time. We are open all week normal hours.

I have 2 rumbles, handles 1/2 oz chatter baits and S/baits just fine, and it’s sensitive enuf for a swim jig.
    I will b on S Rayburn most of next week, and plan to have a rattletrap tied to the other rumble. Will see how that goes, bet the rod handles it fine.
    Yamaharacing55, get back in touch with Alex, he knows his ——-, and is a pleasure to talk too
    gene
    22 BassCat Lynx
    22Mercury proXS
    Hummingbird/garmin
    ALX rods/Shimano /Lews
    Maxwell Flying inc

12. Member
    The Rumble is a chatterbait rod. I own one of the intial release models from last fall, and while I have used it for everything from chatterwagons to spinnerbaits to swim jigs to flashy swimmers, it shines as a chatterbait rod. I mainly use 3/8th and 1/2 oz jackhammers with spunk shads and zakos, and I've never had an issue bombing OR making tight roll casts with this rod. It has a lively tip, super stout mid section and backbone, and doesn't wear you out.

Do I think part of that is preference? Hell yeah, but it's also one of the best technique specific chatterbait rods on the market. It's significantly lighter and has better build quality than anything else in it's price range that I've used or held (736CB Glass, Evergreen Jackhammer, St. Croix Rip n Chatter models).

If you're wanting something with versatility, I'd look at the ALX Zolo Toadface (or step up to the Enox BMJ) if I wanted something that can throw ALL the single hook moving baits while also having the ability to pinch hit as a good bottom contact rod. I stand by the Enox BMJ being the best ALX rod I've used, and it being insanely versatile, but if you're looking for THE chatterbait rod, I don't think you or anyone else could go wrong with the Rumble.

13. Member
    I appreciate it man, ordered a Enox bmj for my dad last year as his tx rig rod and it’s worked extremely well. Ever since I have been looking over the rest of the alx lineup and have decided on a hustler for each of us and going to order myself a rumble to get in on the 3 rod bundle sale. Looking forward to all of them. And btw the quality of the enox has only impressed me more and more after my dad fishing it almost exclusively for a year now. When they say these rods fish above their price point, they mean it.