St Croix Legend tournament bass status

I noticed that the St Croix Legend tournament bass is not listed on the st croix website. Does anyone know if it has been discontinued or why they are missing?

2. Member
    Also not listed onTackle Warehouse spinning rod page. Hope this line has not be eliminated

3. Member
    website glitch from my understanding. They are not being discontinued

working now https://stcroixrods.com/collections/...t-bass-casting

4. Member
    It must be some sort of glitch but I am not sure what glitch it is. Last night I emailed st croix and here is the response that I just received.

Hello,
    We have retired our Legend tournament bass spinning and casting rods November 2021. We have reimagined the rod and will be releasing the new ones March 2022. At this time we do not have any information on the new rods. You can sign up for our newsletter and be one of the first to know about the new reimagined legend tournament bass rods.

“Thank you for being part of the St. Croix Family”

Sue Holm
    Customer Guide
    Customer Operations
    St. Croix Rod
    715-762-3226 ext. 100
    www.stcroixrods.com

5. Member
    Even though I make my own rods I can’t wait to see what the née design of them are. I build on St Croix blanks mostly so I wonder if RodGeeks will sell the new blanks or keep the SCIV ones
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

6. Member
    IMO, they were nice but overpriced rods so I am not surprised they are being "reimagined".

7. Member
    Being from WI I don't understand the hype on any St Croix rod line... I do understand being proud of something made locally.. though I have tried every St Croix offering and none stood out to me with Legend Tournament rods being probably my least favorite of any.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybass View Post
    IMO, they were nice but overpriced rods so I am not surprised they are being "reimagined".
    I hear that word

9. Member
    The Legend Tournament Bass rods were good "for their time", but they really got leapfrogged by a bunch of rod lines in that price point. I'm guessing the sales have fallen off. Victory is way better value.
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.
    YouTube: PunchFishing

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Millertm View Post
    I noticed that the St Croix Legend tournament bass is not listed on the st croix website. Does anyone know if it has been discontinued or why they are missing?
    St. Croix feeds the dealers before they list anything available on the website. There were people wondering if they were going out of business this summer because they didn't see rods in stock on the website. The way it's always been communicated to the pro staff is that dealers have store rents to pay, employees to pay, and food to put on the table so they are fed rods first. Even before pro-staff members... I was bit in the past by this.

I fished the next generations and revisions all summer. The cat kind of got out of the bag after we did well in one of the big events up here and I didn't put my rods away - a lot of questions about them. Dealers are going to be finding out about them shortly.

The Victory series has been very successful world wide, and you'll see glimpses of it in the next generation of Tournaments.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    St. Croix feeds the dealers before they list anything available on the website. There were people wondering if they were going out of business this summer because they didn't see rods in stock on the website. The way it's always been communicated to the pro staff is that dealers have store rents to pay, employees to pay, and food to put on the table so they are fed rods first. Even before pro-staff members... I was bit in the past by this.

I fished the next generations and revisions all summer. The cat kind of got out of the bag after we did well in one of the big events up here and I didn't put my rods away - a lot of questions about them. Dealers are going to be finding out about them shortly.

The Victory series has been very successful world wide, and you'll see glimpses of it in the next generation of Tournaments.
    Two questions..

1. who are you exactly? Do you work for croix?
    2. will the new legends actually have decent balance?? :)
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.
    YouTube: PunchFishing

12. Member

If you have any input can you please influence them to have a reel seat with an exposed blank similar to the expride or Avid/LTB? I feel the victory was a great rod in every aspect except the EVA covering the blank at the reel seat. Hits are incredibly crisp but I feel it looses feeling when dragging bottom contact because of that. A lower priced rod i get more feeling on bottom with an exposed blank but the hits/dings are not as crisp as the Victory. Leads me to believe the blank is excellent but looses something with the EVA.

Just one uses opinion. I love the victory, but feel it could have been better.

13. Member
    One of the main reasons I’d rather fish an Avid or Avid X over a LTB was because I hated the SK2 reel seats they used. I really like the VSS reel seat on the Avid X. So much so it’s all I really use to build with now
    1995 Ranger 481v

Hmm...does this mean SCVI reinforced SCIV blanks like the Victory SCVI reinforced SCIII?

I really want to get my hands on the VTS710MMF and the VTS710MLXF and see how they feel with a 4000 sized Shimano Vanford

Better yet, sell the blanks to builders again so I can make my own!

15. Member
    They sell SCII (C2), SCIV (C4), and SCV blanks through RodGeeks. I would love it if they sold SCIII blanks though
    1995 Ranger 481v

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    One of the main reasons I’d rather fish an Avid or Avid X over a LTB was because I hated the SK2 reel seats they used. I really like the VSS reel seat on the Avid X. So much so it’s all I really use to build with now
    x2, HATE the sk2 reel seat

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by punch View Post
    Two questions..

1. who are you exactly? Do you work for croix?
    2. will the new legends actually have decent balance?? :)
    LegendX is 100% correct on all of this. Rods are just being reimagined as too when i put my order in for rods was told they are being released for the bassmaster classic. They will feed the dealers first before the prostaff members but are coming very soon!

18. Member
    Any thoughts now that these are out?
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbump View Post
    I was only able to get my hands on a very few models. The 7’10 big cranker rod has to be one of my favourite rods the action is right for Zboss 20s 6th sense C-15 etc. also got the 7’11 punch rod, this rod can be used for more then just punching which i like a lot for a big rod. I find the balance to be good from previous models and sensitive is very good as well.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbump View Post
    Really like mine. I have the 7'3"HXF "power finesse". I paired it with a daiwa tatula SV and 40lb braid and have been flipping plastics with it and really enjoy the rod. The grip is very comfortable. Balances right around the hook keeper and is super sensitive. The aluminum pieces do make it way more than a similar victory, but it still feels very light in hand regardless. I believe mine was 4.65oz when I weighed it. The cork is high quality, the aluminum trim pieces look nice and the rod not only fishes well, but looks incredible also. I'm really most excited to try the new glass models, but have yet to get my hands on one of them.