Thread: Lincoln Riley

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Recruits are already de-committing, including a 5 star QB that happens to be in Southern California. Also heard a 5 star RB de-committed. Expect Spencer Rattler to transfer and Caleb Williams to enter portal for USC. OU needs to hit a home run on their hire to keep things together especially since they will be in th SEC before you know it. Also, this is the first time since 1946 an OU coach has left for another college job.

2. BIG BLUE NATION
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdeath View Post
    Also saw where Stoops was going to be the interim coach when Riley leaves. Guess we'll see.
    Bob always had and still has strong ties to ok so he was asked to wrap up the season to allow the ok AD and the athletic dept to try getting him to influence Mark into taking the job over LSU……..

3. Member
    I hate it when coaches say nothing is going on and they are committed to their job then 24 hours later they are gone. Totally dishonest.

4. Member
    He Pulled a Jimbo !! Snake. Ou was not prepared to Play in any game this year ! Looked lost several times , their talent pulled out some games they should have lost .
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

Quote Originally Posted by flyingwillie View Post
    I hate it when coaches say nothing is going on and they are committed to their job then 24 hours later they are gone. Totally dishonest.

I thought he just answered that he was not going to LSU.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I thought he just answered that he was not going to LSU.
    He said that he was not going to LSU but he also said a lot of misleading comments about working well with OU and continuing to work in the future for OU. It was dishonest... only way to put it and kids that listened to him are the ones that really are impacted here.

7. Member
    Love a free market.

Millions and Millions of dollars wasted at mostly publicly funded institutions....

Quote Originally Posted by PsuHntr View Post
    Millions and Millions of dollars wasted at mostly publicly funded institutions....

If you are gonna go that route then you better consider the millions and millions of dollars these major college football programs are making as well. Don't gloss over that.

A lot of those salaries are booster paid too.

9. Member
    If you are gonna go that route then you better consider the millions and millions of dollars these major college football programs are making as well. Don't gloss over that.
    I'm not....at the end of the day we are all paying for it mostly through the television deals

10. Member
    yep---The Big Programs make a boat load of money for their schools !
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by okiebass View Post
    SEC Scared Stuff ---BS !! Now did he show lack of character and pull a Jimbo Fisher ---Yes !!! Piss on him !!!! Good Riddance !!! Very obvious in how poorly prepared OU has been for weeks . Time for a change .
    This!

Character is everything! I'd like to say say that I wish him well...but that would be a lie! I hope he fails miserably and has an ongoing festering pustule in the center of his taint! All the BS he talked was just that. God bless Bob Stoops for being a standup "program first" dude. F Lincoln Riley...he's dead to me.

-b-

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingwillie View Post

When one is in a position that is in high demand with prospective employers indicating the High Dollar Offers with tons of Perks one is probably going to listen and not discuss it with your present employer or the press.

When one of those prospective employers puts all those promises in writing plus all of the extras that you mentioned that would get you to consider making a change and it's Millions of dollars more plus more guaranteed years of Job Security, advances your career you don't need to give two weeks notice to anybody.

USC is an old sinking ship like the U of Texas as their past glory and with frequent coaching changes aren't attracting recruits so USC needed a major hire to show some stability so probably offered a 10 year fully guaranteed contract with all sorts of goodies.

Pete Carroll had a lot of success but his NCAA Violations caught up with him so he bails for the NFL and leaves Lane Kiffin to deal with the penalties then he gets fired on the tarmac when he gets off the plane.

Oklahoma will probably be a mediocre SEC Team and it won't take the fans and administration long to turn on a Coach even if his name is Lincoln Riley.
    Last edited by Hoot; 11-29-2021 at 08:42 AM.

13. Mike Lamb
    As a OU fan. I am disappointed in this news. Yes them moving to SEC was something that would take awhile to get ahead of. But really the move to SEC would have helped them more then hurt. The recruiting would be better. But him moving to USC. That was a shock. But the day moves fwd.
    Michael Lamb
    2017 / Ranger 518c 200 Mercury Pro XS
    Raleigh, NC

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Lincoln has been coveted by Jerry Jones as a coach for the Cowboys so a good run at USC especially starting at such a young age could increase his NFL Stock Immensely which is a plus when negotiating any future contracts with colleges or NFL Teams.

Wonder how much money his Endorsements plus his weekly Radio and TV Shows will bring in suppose he'll create a YouTube Channel to help make ends meet.

15. Member
    I still say Good Riddance ---Lots lil off field stuff was getting old too. He will be a better fit on the left coast ! I have been 50--50 with OU and OSU . Go Pokes !
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

16. Member
    Would now be an inappropriate time to yell BOOMER?

17. Member
    Funny I have never heard anything bad about Bobby Bowden. Great coach and person.

18. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    Would now be an inappropriate time to yell BOOMER?
    SOONER!!!!!!

latest locally this morning,,, 7 decommits and 4 assistant coaches headed west.....
    Lincoln prolly put us mediocrity for several years.. The next hire will be HUGE for the Sooners!!!

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

19. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    oh and before i forget,,
    you SEC homers better be glad he left we were fixing to own the SEC....

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

20. Member
    OU can do better.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast