Thread: Lincoln Riley

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I don't think the SEC move had anything to do with it or that he was scared. OU fans acting like he was a horrible HC today but yesterday pretty damn happy to have him at OU.

Sometimes people just want or need a change. Maybe he wanted more money. I can't believe for a second that he was scared of the SEC.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlawler1 View Post
    Seriously,??? Money always matters... You can find Nick Saban for that too.... They keep up in his contract every 2 or 3 years and he keeps signing the extension... Look what they did for Mel Tucker who's in his first year at Michigan State.. he's making what eight $9 million dollars a year in his first year at Michigan State... All because they didn't want him to go to LSU.... That's ridiculous.... Money always matters.... Money and stupidity make the world go round without one you can't have the other...
    Its crazy how college coaches don’t have a non-compete with a 2 year waiting period like nearly every other sport (and most ceo positions). Colleges are bidding against each other to death.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    That’s shocking. When you are a younger coach and making the kind of money he is, does another few million a year really matter?
    YES.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Its crazy how college coaches don’t have a non-compete with a 2 year waiting period like nearly every other sport (and most ceo positions). Colleges are bidding against each other to death.

Love a free market.

5. Member
    Usc has some great young talent right now.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

6. Member
    OU should offer Saban 20+mil per year just to make Bama match it. And if he jumps ship, well, probably worth it.
    2022 Ranger Z520R, 2022 Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    Dual 16” Lowrance Live’s at console, 12” Live with Active Target, Garmin 8612 and Livescope, and Humminbird 12” Mega 360 at the bow
    Lowrance Ghost TM

Quote Originally Posted by Slicefixer View Post
    Here's an interesting question.....Will Stoops pull a Snyder (KSU) and step back in and take over for another run? Would they want him....I assume so?
    What about this....does Stoops want any part of that arrangement? Going to be a bunch of stuff happening (coaching staff and players) make their move as well. Wait till all the smoke clears and if, only if, Stoops wants to take on that role going into the SEC. I would venture to say he wants no part of it.
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

Don't care either way, just wish College Football would do all this after the season is over. Yes, I realize the recruiting season is in prime and it's been this way for years, but doesn't mean this needs to continue.
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

With the nightmare that has been Matt Rhule's NFL stint so far OU might be smart to make a run at him

10. Member
    I'm sure he caught some flack going with Rattler. And Lewis was not much better. That made him look somewhat inept considering he is known for developing QBs. Never developed a decent defense. That was an obvious weakness. I'm sure he knew that and going to the SEC being weak on D was not going to work out for him.

11. Banned
    Puss boy who ran from the SEC. Dodged LSU job because he was pusified.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I don't think the SEC move had anything to do with it or that he was scared. OU fans acting like he was a horrible HC today but yesterday pretty damn happy to have him at OU.

Sometimes people just want or need a change. Maybe he wanted more money. I can't believe for a second that he was scared of the SEC.
    Didnt say he was scared. Just saying he understands the road to championships is tougher in the SEC than winning the Big 12 every year. Will be much easier in the PAC 12 also. I’m sure he’s getting more money but OU could match it no question. Word is coming out of some friction between Riley and the AD on the move to the SEC. Heard LSU was throwing even more money at him but he took USC instead. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by gabes1 View Post
    Didnt say he was scared. Just saying he understands the road to championships is tougher in the SEC than winning the Big 12 every year. Will be much easier in the PAC 12 also. I’m sure he’s getting more money but OU could match it no question. Word is coming out of some friction between Riley and the AD on the move to the SEC. Heard LSU was throwing even more money at him but he took USC instead. Will be interesting to see what happens.
    Not you but others have said the SEC scared thing.

OU is gonna do much better in the SEC than Texas

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    Puss boy who ran from the SEC. Dodged LSU job because he was pusified.
    He had multiple schools wanting to pay for his services, that's the American dream. He decided what he wanted for himself and his family, can't fault anyone for that.

16. Member
    Truth. But Vandy and UT might be a barn-burner
    Greg
    Edgewater 245CC

17. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    depends on the hire and how many recruits bail and how many present players hit the portal....

well wait a minute,, you're right,, they're still probably gonna do better than the shorthorns

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

18. Banned
    Actually, i could understand not wanting the LSU job with all the distractions. Hard times are coming to Baton Rouge with eyes from the NCAA and fbi investigating. I do think going to southern cal was a way to dodge the sec though. But hey, at least we got our guy in Napier.

19. Member
    SEC Scared Stuff ---BS !! Now did he show lack of character and pull a Jimbo Fisher ---Yes !!! Piss on him !!!! Good Riddance !!! Very obvious in how poorly prepared OU has been for weeks . Time for a change .
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    absolutely,,, millions matter........
    Ok, help me understand a little more. A coach doesn’t get into coaching for the money. However, he was making $8 million a year and has been for at least a few years. He should be sitting on a substantial amount already at 38.

What would the Cali equivalent of $8 million Okie bucks? $20 million? It would have to be at least that just to offset the State taxes and real estate prices.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast