Power Pole Charge and Lithium Battery

Quick question

I have a power pole charge system with a X2 31 cranking battery and 1 (for right now) 36v 40ah Nextgen trolling motor battery. Everything is working fine during the day (cranking battery does show 11.8 v toward end of day fishing) but when i get home and plug charge system to ac power it charges just the trolling motor battery 1st. app on phone for lithium battery shows 100% battery. then the charge will keep going through a cycle and resetting give amps to cranking battery for a few seconds then reset. The next morning it is still doing this after plugged in for 12+ hours. Cranking battery never gets fully charged. Contacted power pole and sent them a diagnostic and they say everything is working fine contacted a 2nd time and says everything working fine its the Lithium BMS shutting the charge off was told to reset charge and see if that fixes it. After several days all lights will eventually go green and fully charged. Same thing happen this weekend fished Friday till 5pm. Did the reset thing all day saturday. sunday mid morning finally all green and charged. Anyone else having this problem. is it a lithium issue or power pole charge issue and they dont want to deal with it. Typically i have had awesome customer service from power pole. I have tried to contact Nextgen and no luck with them. Kinda figured since it took them a month to respond to my order for the battery when it showed in stock but took 5 weeks to ship finally got a response my order was being shipped. Thanks for the help

2. Member
    I have seen my PP Charge do the same thing. Then it stopped doing it and seemed to charge the cranking battery fine. Of course, it does not fully charge, and will over time discharge, the second of my three trolling motor batteries.

All lithiums. Thankfully they are Ionics and I have the Bluetooth app so I know what is happening and I can see the actual SOC, since the PP Charge will not show it correctly, a problem they admit to.

On the water it works great, and in general it does what I need it to do which is let me fish 3-4 days without plugging in when we go up to Northern Minnesota. I am on my second PP Charge, sent the first one in for similar problem and they sent me a new one. Same crap.

On the fence if I am going to sell it or not this spring. Maybe getting frozen for a few months will fix it lol!

It seems to only work correctly with specific Lithium's. Good luck.