Carbon 9 kayak setup

Purchased one of the carbon 9s that bps had on sale a couple weeks ago. As the description says I'm putting it on a kayak. Kinda overkill but I really enjoy using electronics.

The carbon came with the 3 in 1 transducer which is pretty big. I don't have it installed yet but I'm guessing it is going to have some drag when I'm paddling. Since the carbon has 2 transducer ports I was thinking that it might make sense to glue a shoot thru transducer inside the hull for when I'm paddling long distances or in river situations (with shallow rocks) and have the 3 in 1 mounted outside the hull on a kayak mount that I can swivel up out of the water.

I was thinking the PD-WBL would be the right transducer. Also, I assume that it is possible to turn the 3 in 1 off and only ping to the thru hull..... is that correct? I realize I would only get 2d when the 3 in1 is out of the water and I'm ok with that but I want to make sure this will actually work before pulling the trigger on the additional transducer.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Member
    Everything you are saying will work with the correct setup and knowing how to switch transducer sources. You also won't have temp until you drop the 3 in 1 into the water.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

3. Member
    Thanks for the confirmation....I definitely appreciate it.