Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Don't use the reels but love the rods, bought 3 more 6'6" medium last week when we took the daughter to bps for her pic with Santa.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by posmallie View Post
    I like the rods. The baitcaster is a nice reel, but I think the spinning reels are junk. The Pro Qualifier spinning reel is much nicer.
    True, I had a carbon lite spinning reel. It was not a great reel.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Own nothing but Carbon lite rods, have 2 carbon lite reels.... And I have had them awhile, think they are the 1.0s. All of my reels are BPS branded, Many PQs, 10 JM Platinums and 2 Carborn Lite's, and I rarely have issues, still using many PQs that are 9-10 years old.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

4. Member
    Never owned the Carbonlite rods, but use two Carbonlite 2.0 baitcasters regularly. Solid reels. No issues. I have the 8.3:1 versions.

Limited editions on sale for $89 in 7.5:1. That's a good deal there

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bass...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

Dang and they have blue on them. might have to get a few.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    Dang and they have blue on them. might have to get a few.
    I like that blue too!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

7. Member
    I have two Combo's and several Rods of the Carbonlite 2 series.

I find them to be excellent rods and reels for the price.

I can feel each blade of grass a Swimming Worm touches while using it, so I don't know how much more sensitive you need.

8. Member
    They are excellent combos and very sensitive.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    Carbonlite reels are rebadged Revo S/Lews SLP reels. So if you like Doyo reels then you’ll like those. Pro Qualifiers are rebadged Revo X/Lews Speed Spool reels.

the rods are decent. I’m not a fan of Winn grips but some guys like them. I’d prefer cork handles since they last a lot longer. I’d be happy with one of the combos though.
    I don't think so, I haven seen a Lews speed spool or Revo X that has the dual braking system like the Pro Qualifier has.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    Don't use the reels but love the rods, bought 3 more 6'6" medium last week when we took the daughter to bps for her pic with Santa.
    that’s a great target rod for spinner bait/buzz bait /squarebills .. I’ll throw a topwater with one if I’m around cover as well.. very versatile.. usually have 2-3 on deck.. last time I was in a BPS/Cabellas(been a while) they were nonexistent. I puchaced several JM platinum series instead. 7’10 heavies for flipping/punching/rigging and 6’9 m/heavies for pitching /skipping .. it also works well for a pitching frogs into tight quarters. ( I prefer it over the loomis I was using) .. although they are a bit more than a 2.0 the sizes/powers are staggered In between the 2.0 making a great in between if a 2.0 doesn’t perfectly fit your needs..

..is this considered boot licking by chance?

I like the rod, but not the reels. I have had several of the pro qualifier reels and I can never get much casting distance out of them. I ended up selling them and going a different direction.
    Team Enigma Fishing

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranchhand02 View Post
    I like the rod, but not the reels. I have had several of the pro qualifier reels and I can never get much casting distance out of them. I ended up selling them and going a different direction.
    My pro qualifiers will cast a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranchhand02 View Post
    I’ve bought a few over the years, but none is like the ones that came out in 2021. I have two PQ and one 2.0 combo. All baitcasters. All three cast like a dream. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy a couple more and this is coming from a Shimano guy of 40 years.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12