Thread: Iron Bowl

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Member
    Bama didn't win that game, auburn lost it. Poor play calls and game management. Bama will be ready next week though so GA better be prepared

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Bama won that game; auburn lost it. Poor play calls and game management. Bama will be ready next week though so GA better be prepared
    FIFY

3. Member
    Bama didn't win that game, auburn lost it. Poor play calls and game management. Bama will be ready next week though so GA better be prepared
    AL is who they are this season, and 4 days practice won't change it. Go back and watch Saban after the UF game, and other pressers. He recognizes this is not a team of years past. No rat poison speeches this year, not angry Nick. AL has pretty much made the same mistakes all year, with minimal to no improvement. UGA lost to AL the last few years because AL was the better team, much better in most games. UGA is the better team this year, just look at common opponent results. Expect a close game, but UGA pulls away late. But fear not, UGA will be prepared.
    Greg
    Edgewater 245CC

Quote Originally Posted by mrlawler1 View Post
    I'm will say this to whoever said he wasn't impressed with the Alabama quarterback, they only reason Alabama has been winning is because of the Alabama quarterback.. the kid is the real deal and he's damn good.... And to all of you non-Bammers they continually say that the fix was in, I'mma remind you that Alabama was penalized I think 11 times yesterday for about 129 yd compared to the barn's 7 times for roughly 50 yards so take the fix nonsense and put it in your pocket because that's where it belongs...

Auburn played really good game on defense and it put them in position to win a game that they had no business winning and Alabama found a way to win a game that they absolutely had no business winning by the way that they played... Marrone has got to get this offensive line situation figured out because they're too talented up front even with the injury situation that they've got going on to be playing this bad... And at the moment everything is happening is falling on the shoulders of the qb...
    Well said. Roll Tide Roll.

5. Member
    This really was a rebuilding year for Alabama. I’ll take 11-1 for the season any day of the week. They found a way to win close games, never gave up. I’m darn proud of those kids!

Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Auburn should have went for 2, they are done now.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xcoach View Post
    This really was a rebuilding year for Alabama. I’ll take 11-1 for the season any day of the week. They found a way to win close games, never gave up. I’m darn proud of those kids!
    Couldn’t have said it better.

GA gave up around 80 points to opponents this season. Most was to TN 17. AL gave up close to 300. If GA defensive line dominates like Auburn did, AL might get shut out.

P01135809

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pavi69 View Post
    GA gave up around 80 points to opponents this season. Most was to TN 17. AL gave up close to 300. If GA defensive line dominates like Auburn did, AL might get shut out.
    If you look at the teams that really gave Alabama trouble all were teams that could control the line of scrimmage. LSU wasn't in Alabama's league but played them tough because of their line. Georgia will be strong up front on offense and defense. I think it's Georgia's year but I would not be surprised to see Alabama win.

10. Member
    Two great teams, two great coaches, Ga. and Alabama: Looking forward to the matchup this Saturday and may the best team win. Of course being a native of Ga. I am pulling for the Bulldogs but as stated never count Alabama out. Stranger things have happened and Alabama does appear to have Ga's. number for some reason.

This is Saban's least capable team since his first year at Alabama. I guess they have done well to be where they are. But it has been a long time since Bama had an offensive line that was this low capability at protecting the quarterback or creating lanes for running backs. Frankly I am not impressed with the OC or DC. Best Saban could get at this point I guess. He has had so many good ones, but they leave as soon as they have padded their resume. I am sure Saban is very hard to work for. Bama has had a history of just reloading, and they are still a good team. But not the calibur this year as teams before them. And yes I am a devout Bama fan. Saban can rant all he wants, but how you win the lesser games matters. It is an indicator of the dedication of the players and how you will likely compete against the tougher opponents.

12. Member
    Screen-Shot-2021-11-28-at-12.24.55-PM.jpg

The Mount Rushmore of Sad...
    General Manager

PTG Outdoors
    5401 McFarland Blvd.
    Northport, AL 35476
    205-333-1605

13. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xcoach View Post
    every year is a rebuilding year for all college programs. that is part of what makes college football great.. about the only "rebuilding" teams are those where a previous coach ran the program into the ground and a new regime has taken over.. "Rebuilding" for top tier teams like Bama, Georgia, OU, The OU etc, etc is a cop out.. a "rebuilding year for Bama this year is very funny stuff

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GregA View Post
    AL is who they are this season, and 4 days practice won't change it. Go back and watch Saban after the UF game, and other pressers. He recognizes this is not a team of years past. No rat poison speeches this year, not angry Nick. AL has pretty much made the same mistakes all year, with minimal to no improvement. UGA lost to AL the last few years because AL was the better team, much better in most games. UGA is the better team this year, just look at common opponent results. Expect a close game, but UGA pulls away late. But fear not, UGA will be prepared.
    . This. I have watched a lot of their games. And AL is not that good this year.

15. Member
    With Alabama having the #1 recruiting class fairly often, I have to blame the current situation on coaching.

As another poster correctly pointed out Coach Saban has to reload his coaching staff nearly every season. Players must learn a new offense and defensive schemes on a regular basis.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345