Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    I will actually try to be clearer in my response.

I admire my friend rexico, and HoustonG............................ They ask legitimate questions. (Do I know their motive? No. Do they have a motive, I do not know, I really do not care? )

I as a Christian for 50 years, I have asked the same basic questions (to myself, usually) and have sought the same answers they seek.

I have searched history, Hebrew and Greek lexicons, un-inspired writers, Agnostics, Atheist, THE BIBLE, to come my conclusions (of course I put more emphasis on the Bible than a agnostic, or atheist, only because my research showed me the bible was a reliable document. .............. I figured if my "eternal destination may hinge on what I believe" it's probably important .

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chisco View Post
    can you explain…”read in context? Thanks
    Absolutely my friend.

It is called hermeneutics.

Hermeneutics can be applied to any document.

3. Member
    Hope this helps............... He is not a full preterist .

4. Member
    Luther himself was afraid of "private" interpretation. I see in my lifetime why

5. Member
    Look my friends, some think they have come up with some "new" question about God, or Why God, on a Bass Fishing Forum or about the Bible. Its old news if you want to research it.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    I will actually try to be clearer in my response.

I admire my friend rexico, and HoustonG............................ They ask legitimate questions. (Do I know their motive? No. Do they have a motive, I do not know, I really do not care? )

I as a Christian for 50 years, I have asked the same basic questions (to myself, usually) and have sought the same answers they seek.

I have searched history, Hebrew and Greek lexicons, un-inspired writers, Agnostics, Atheist, THE BIBLE, to come my conclusions (of course I put more emphasis on the Bible than a agnostic, or atheist, only because my research showed me the bible was a reliable document. .............. I figured if my "eternal destination may hinge on what I believe" it's probably important .
    So, are you simply saying my interpretations are out of context because they don’t align with your interpretations? You know, in the end, God is going to look at both of us laughingly and say “you guys are morons” because neither of us were exactly right.

From studying Full Preterism (in its basics), I’ve learned that your eschatological beliefs change the meaning of a lot of what Christians have believed and accepted as true throughout history. Your beliefs are really extreme (to me) and seem way out of context just as mine are to you.

As for Rexico and others, I believe God will present them with the truth if they truly seek it regardless of what you and I say or write.

7. Member
    So, are you simply saying my interpretations are out of context because they don’t align with your interpretations? You know, in the end, God is going to look at both of us laughingly and say “you guys are morons” because neither of us were exactly right.

From studying Full Preterism (in its basics), I’ve learned that your eschatological beliefs change the meaning of a lot of what Christians have believed and accepted as true throughout history. Your beliefs are really extreme (to me) and seem way out of context just as mine are to you.

As for Rexico and others, I believe God will present them with the truth if they truly seek it regardless of what you and I say or write.

I appreciate your comment.

Jesus' statements changed the meanings of a lot of Jewish thoughts in his day. (I am not claiming Jesus' status, but rather to make a point).

They put him to death for his "changed meanings "

Hope you can take a hour to watch the video I just posted.

8. Member
    Luther himself was afraid of "private" interpretation. I see in my lifetime why
    Are you saying you don’t have interpretations of the Bible that you pass on to others? That’s all Full Preterism or any other eschatology or religion is based upon….interpretations. Otherwise, we would all believe the exact same thing and there would be no discussion.

9. Member
    Are you saying you don’t have interpretations of the Bible that you pass on to others? That’s all Full Preterism or any other eschatology or religion is based upon….interpretations. Otherwise, we would all believe the exact same thing and there would be no discussion.
    Study Hermeneutics'..................

Then get back with me

10. Member
    I appreciate your comment.

Jesus' statements changed the meanings of a lot of Jewish thoughts in his day. (I am not claiming Jesus' status, but rather to make a point).

They put him to death for his "changed meanings "

Hope you can take a hour to watch the video I just posted.
    Actually, they didn’t put him to death for his “changed meanings”. They put him to death because of their disbelief in the OT scriptures and unbelief in the prophesies. They were imbedded in sin and incapable of seeing the truth.

My interpretations are always backed up by scripture. Your eschatological beliefs change the meaning of those scriptures so you see mine as wrong. I pray everyday that God reveal to me the proper meanings of scriptures and that I can extend the meanings without error.

11. Member
    Did they (those who killed and crucified him) believe he was the King of Jews (Gods, chosen people)? We have no King but Ceasor! I think they knew they did not believe Jesus was Messiah. Yes, disbelief. Just as Romans disuses.

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

Did they believe he was ushering in the Kingdom of God

In Luke 17:20–21, Jesus says, “The kingdom of God does not come with observation (Chisco, are you looking for it in the future ? ); nor will they say, ‘See here!’ or ‘See there! (2000 years ago)’ For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you” Chisco, is it within you today​​ ?

Please do not slight/misrepresent a preterist interpretation because of your bias of the scriptures. You said earlier the bible was "intended for us "..................... I simply asked.............. have watched or listen to multiple videos, articles or books.

12. Member
    Study Hermeneutics'..................

Then get back with me
    yes…I am familiar with the term and I study the Bible the way many many biblical scholars do and have for centuries. I compare scripture from the OT to the NT and find common ground. I have complete faith that the Holy Spirit guides me in my studies.

I will give my interpretations, with accompanying scripture, and you are welcome to express your exegetical findings to others as well. I am 100% confident in my beliefs and will never change them as I am led by the Holy Spirit. Regardless, there is no reason to take “shots” at me or anyone else when talking about Gods Word.

Rexico is an educated adult and can make a determination on what the Bible says. He can either agree or disagree with me. I’m not trying to force him into my beliefs. I give him scripture as well as my thoughts. He will ultimately figure it out with God.

13. Member

14. Member
    Did they (those who killed and crucified him) believe he was the King of Jews (Gods, chosen people)? We have no King but Ceasor! I think they knew they did not believe Jesus was Messiah. Yes, disbelief. Just as Romans disuses.

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

Did they believe he was ushering in the Kingdom of God

In Luke 17:20–21, Jesus says, “The kingdom of God does not come with observation (Chisco, are you looking for it in the future ? ); nor will they say, ‘See here!’ or ‘See there! (2000 years ago)’ For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you” Chisco, is it within you today​​ ?

Please do not slight/misrepresent a preterist interpretation because of your bias of the scriptures. You said earlier the bible was "intended for us "..................... I simply asked.............. have watched or listen to multiple videos, articles or books.

Godsdozer, you didn’t simply ask if I watched videos, articles, books. You targeted the scriptures I listed and said I misinterpreted them. Then you asked “Who gave you authority” when I never claimed authority for anything. You further inferred that I don’t know how to study the Bible. These are all accusatory statements whether you meant them to be or not.

It seems to me that you are letting your bias of the scripture get in the way of trying to help others get to know God. This isn’t a competition on who knows the Word of God better than the other or who is the more educated. I am highly educated but am a mere babe in the sight of God. I wouldn’t have it any other way.

State your exegetical findings and I’ll state my interpretations with supporting scripture. God will lead those who are interested in salvation to the proper scriptures. Only God will lead those to the water who seek His Word. You and I are nothing in the scheme of things….Praise God that we don’t have that power. All Glory is to God only.

15. Member
    yes…I am familiar with the term and I study the Bible the way many many biblical scholars do and have for centuries. I compare scripture from the OT to the NT and find common ground. I have complete faith that the Holy Spirit guides me in my studies.

I will give my interpretations, with accompanying scripture, and you are welcome to express your exegetical findings to others as well. I am 100% confident in my beliefs and will never change them as I am led by the Holy Spirit. Regardless, there is no reason to take “shots” at me or anyone else when talking about Gods Word.

Rexico is an educated adult and can make a determination on what the Bible says. He can either agree or disagree with me. I’m not trying to force him into my beliefs. I give him scripture as well as my thoughts. He will ultimately figure it out with God.

I am almost at the point of sharing a PM................. if you will publicaly say it is okay, I will share it.

16. Member
    I am almost at the point of sharing a PM................. if you will publicaly say it is okay, I will share it.
    Which one are you talking about?

17. Member
    Which one are you talking about?
    why would that matter? If i sent a PM to any member her BBC forums I wouldn't ask "which one are talking about"?

Houston, rexico, and anyone else.................. If I have sent you PM, you are more than welcome to share it publicly.

If I am unable to defend it, publicly ....................... yep, i own it
    Last edited by godsdozer; 11-28-2021 at 11:40 PM.

18. Member
    why would that matter? If i sent a PM to any member her BBC forums I wouldn't ask "which one are talking about"?

Houston, rexico, and anyone else.................. If I have sent you PM, you are more than welcome to share it publicly.

If I am unable to defend it, publicly ....................... yep, it own me.
    I have put some personal information on one of the posts that I dont want shown to the entire board (name, phone number, etc.). Some of that information is protected due to my prior employment. If you feel the need to post a PM, go ahead as long as it doesn’t include personal info. I’ve got nothing to hide as I will answer any PM from anyone that wants to ask questions. It just seems a bit childish for you to do so.

19. Member
    I have put some personal information on one of the posts that I dont want shown to the entire board (name, phone number, etc.). Some of that information is protected due to my prior employment. If you feel the need to post a PM, go ahead as long as it doesn’t include personal info. I’ve got nothing to hide as I will answer any PM from anyone that wants to ask questions. It just seems a bit childish for you to do so.
    I am not aware of any personal information such as name, phone number ect. ........... that you have shared with me in a PM.

But for my friend's here on BBC ............... My name is not "godsdozer" It is Derrell Thomas, I live in Palestine, Tx; I have owned and operated Thomas Dozer & Construction since 1999. Please visit my website @ thomasdozerconstruction.com

I am still in business. And for my friend HoustonG, I am not a car salesman

My business number is 903-723-3999 if you ever need a pad built, land cleared , road, or driveway or golf course shaped I am probably your guy :) . I built the #1 golf course in the state of Texas back in the late 1990s (Whispering Pines Golf Club, trinity Tx).

I do not shout in the dark places about what I believe................ I am very up front.

I would never give out personal information from a PM .

When I leave a Pm here on BBC, I usually leave my telephone number if it is pertinent.

20. Member
    Here is a PM that me and Chisco shared about a hour ago.

riginally Posted by godsdozer
    Could you possibly study the simple video I posted? It is not my intention to argue on a bass forum :)

I will listen to it…​but if you are trying to convert me to a Full Preterist View, it will never happen. I am comforted in my belief by the Holy Spirit.

this PM has no personal information contained it.

Only a very biased viewpoint.

Last edited by godsdozer; 11-29-2021 at 12:10 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast