Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. Member
    Translation or interpretation.................. What bible are you believing?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonG View Post
    If it steadily became immoral, then at what point was there no immorality or sin in America? Your statement implies a change/increase.

Maybe the correct verbage would be "America REMAINED an immoral nation full of sin and idolatry" if that's what you meant.
    Ok…that works for me also.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    I will share Wiki....... When was the first time Hell was used

725 AD

The modern English word hell is derived from Old English hel, helle (first attested around 725 AD to refer to a nether world of the dead) reaching into the Anglo-Saxon pagan period.

I have no reason to doubt you on when it became a word in the Bible. As far as my question to Rexico…..he was asking me a ton of questions so I decided to ask him a few. He said he viewed one of your videos so I wanted his opinion on it but I guess he didn’t want to participate.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chisco View Post

I have no reason to doubt you on when it became a word in the Bible. As far as my question to Rexico…..he was asking me a ton of questions so I decided to ask him a few. He said he viewed one of your videos so I wanted his opinion on it but I guess he didn’t want to participate.
    Hey my friend................. I never responded until you brought my name up in post #94.

I am trying to stay clear of interactions with you because (I appreciate Digs public comment #64),( and I now understand your PM's). I am not here on the BBC forums to convert anyone to preterism.

I am here to proclaim The Gospel of Jesus Christ, the Good News, the gospel that was announced in the Garden and was proclaimed throughout the law and prophets and in the New Testament, and finally in the book of Revelation.

You belive there are two distinct and separate gospels for mankind.........I do not.

5. Member
    Hey my friend................. I never responded until you brought my name up in post #94.

I am trying to stay clear of interactions with you because (I appreciate Digs public comment #64),( and I now understand your PM's). I am not here on the BBC forums to convert anyone to preterism.

I am here to proclaim The Gospel of Jesus Christ, the Good News, the gospel that was announced in the Garden and was proclaimed throughout the law and prophets and in the New Testament, and finally in the book of Revelation.

You belive there are two distinct and separate gospels for mankind.........I do not.

No…there is only one Gospel….the Gospel of Christ. I have never said there were two separate, distinct gospels for mankind. I said there was a progressive revelation of the Gospel of Christ throughout the history of the Bible.

I have spoken on the Jews under the law from Moses until mid-Acts and then the dropping (or doing away with) the law under Paul’s teachings.

I have spoken about the differences in a Jew and Gentile. Jews were under the law, the Gentiles (under Paul’s teachings) were not.

I have spoken in some detail about the progressive revelation of the Gospel and what God expected certain ages in the Bible to believe about the Gospel. Mainly, that the people in the OT were not required to understand Jesus’ death, burial and, resurrection as we are today and in Paul’s teachings.

Before Christ’s earthly mission/arrival they were to believe in a coming Messiah and to follow the law, particularly the sacrificial shedding of animal blood for repentance (this would be accounted to them for righteousness). When Jesus began His teachings, they were to believe that He was the Messiah. They were still under the law at that time. Even Jesus’ Disciples didn’t understand anything about His death, burial and resurrection even when Jesus spoke of it. Today, we are required to believe in Christ’s death, burial and resurrection as a propitiation for our sins.

There is only one Gospel.

Do you think the OT people were required to believe in Christ’s death, burial and resurrection? Do you think we are required to believe in Christs death, burial and resurrection?

6. Banned
    Does that line up with Godsdozer(s) videos on hell?
    The vid on hell is reasonable, it requires no supernatural tricks to be true. For me I use the logic and reason, that I have acquired during a life time. I have never seen
    a 600 y.o. man, or a woman "turn" into salt or any animals talk. I don't know anyone else that has. I feel positive the earth took longer than 7 days to be made. My default position is "what evidence is there". Why is religion the only subject you don't require evidence?
    Last edited by rexico; 12-01-2021 at 07:36 AM.

7. Member
    No…there is only one Gospel….the Gospel of Christ. I have never said there were two separate, distinct gospels for mankind. I said there was a progressive revelation of the Gospel of Christ throughout the history of the Bible.

I have spoken on the Jews under the law from Moses until mid-Acts and then the dropping (or doing away with) the law under Paul’s teachings.

I have spoken about the differences in a Jew and Gentile. Jews were under the law, the Gentiles (under Paul’s teachings) were not.

I have spoken in some detail about the progressive revelation of the Gospel and what God expected certain ages in the Bible to believe about the Gospel. Mainly, that the people in the OT were not required to understand Jesus’ death, burial and, resurrection as we are today and in Paul’s teachings.

Before Christ’s earthly mission/arrival they were to believe in a coming Messiah and to follow the law, particularly the sacrificial shedding of animal blood for repentance (this would be accounted to them for righteousness). When Jesus began His teachings, they were to believe that He was the Messiah. They were still under the law at that time. Even Jesus’ Disciples didn’t understand anything about His death, burial and resurrection even when Jesus spoke of it. Today, we are required to believe in Christ’s death, burial and resurrection as a propitiation for our sins.

There is only one Gospel.

Do you think the OT people were required to believe in Christ’s death, burial and resurrection? Do you think we are required to believe in Christs death, burial and resurrection?
    Here is a quote from you on 11/04/2021:

Yes…I agree with Acts 25. The Jews, in Jerusalem, were still required to follow the law and believe their Gospel that Christ was the Messiah. Paul respected what the Jews were still teaching (the law). However, God sent him to be the messenger to the Gentiles (Acts 22:21). There was an ~40 year overlap between the Gospel of the Jews (bound by Law and their Gospel) and the new Gospel of the Gentiles which was to believe in the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) which Paul started teaching in Acts. He also rebuked the Galatians for going back into the law after he taught them about Gods Grace (Galatians 4). As a result of Paul’s teaching the new Gospel to the Gentiles (not the law), the Jews were looking to either kill or arrest him (Act 18:12-14; Acts 21:17-31). Paul taught “Faith plus nothing” (see Romans).

In your post, “Were All prophesies fulfilled by Jesus”, you provided a few lessons or articles to read. In #8, the “mystery” is explained in a little bit of detail. Essentially that the Gospel to the Gentiles (and the fact that they would be co-heirs with the Jews) was hidden from the Jews and the OT prophets until it was revealed to Peter and Paul in Acts.

Maybe I misunderstood.. but it sounds like two gospels to me.

I will answer your two questions.

1. No they the OT saints were required to "belive God", and it would be counted as righteousness. The Law NEVER made anyone righteous. The law brought death.

2. Today, we are to "believe" God, and it will be counted as as righteousness.

8. Member
    Here is a quote from you on 11/04/2021:

Yes…I agree with Acts 25. The Jews, in Jerusalem, were still required to follow the law and believe their Gospel that Christ was the Messiah. Paul respected what the Jews were still teaching (the law). However, God sent him to be the messenger to the Gentiles (Acts 22:21). There was an ~40 year overlap between the Gospel of the Jews (bound by Law and their Gospel) and the new Gospel of the Gentiles which was to believe in the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) which Paul started teaching in Acts. He also rebuked the Galatians for going back into the law after he taught them about Gods Grace (Galatians 4). As a result of Paul’s teaching the new Gospel to the Gentiles (not the law), the Jews were looking to either kill or arrest him (Act 18:12-14; Acts 21:17-31). Paul taught “Faith plus nothing” (see Romans).

In your post, “Were All prophesies fulfilled by Jesus”, you provided a few lessons or articles to read. In #8, the “mystery” is explained in a little bit of detail. Essentially that the Gospel to the Gentiles (and the fact that they would be co-heirs with the Jews) was hidden from the Jews and the OT prophets until it was revealed to Peter and Paul in Acts.

Maybe I misunderstood.. but it sounds like two gospels to me.

I will answer your two questions.

1. No they the OT saints were required to "belive God", and it would be counted as righteousness. The Law NEVER made anyone righteous. The law brought death.

2. Today, we are to "believe" God, and it will be counted as as righteousness.

YES (you misunderstood)…..I should have been clearer as you did not understand and I can see where it would be confusing to many (God forgive me). However, that same day (11/04), I clarified and explained the “progressive revelation” of the Gospel of Christ which I figured would clear up any ambiguity.

In any case, I should have stated in the above….the Jews were responsible to have faith (believe God) in the Gospel of Christ that had been revealed to them (by God) and the Gentiles were responsible to have faith in the Gospel of Christ that was revealed to them (which was an updated revelation of Christ’s death, burial and resurrection- to which we stand today). It is the one and only Gospel of Christ that comes to maturity through time.

I believe we are saved through the Grace of God. None of us are worthy of salvation as we have a sinful nature from Adam and we continually sin as a result of that nature. However, Christ died and shed His blood on the cross for everyone in the world to remove our sins. He was buried and resurrected and now sits at the right hand of God. He is my Advocate, Redeemer, and Savior.

The Bible also tells us that we can not please God without faith in His Word.

You may not agree with a progressive revelation of the Gospel of Christ and that’s fine. You appropriately say that we are to “believe God” and that certainly covers everything about the Gospel of Christ. I am simply giving context to “believe God” through the history of the Bible.

This is what I believe now and have believed from the time I was saved in 2008.
    Last edited by Chisco; 12-01-2021 at 10:48 AM.

9. Member
    Godsdozer…I certainly agree with your words….”Today, we are to "believe" God, and it will be counted as as righteousness.” You have made it known that you believe deeply that Christ has returned (parousia) and all prophesies have been fulfilled. However, I don’t believe that Christ has made His return. If your belief is correct, and I don’t believe it, am I without righteousness?

Obviously, this is a difficult question to answer and that’s why I try to give some context to “believing God” in the various ages of the Bible.

In my understanding of the Word, we are to believe God with all our heart that Jesus died and shed his blood on the cross, was buried, and was resurrected on the third day to take all the sins of the world in order to save us if we are willing to accept His Grace.
    Last edited by Chisco; 12-01-2021 at 10:33 AM.

10. Member
    Godsdozer…I certainly agree with your words….”Today, we are to "believe" God, and it will be counted as as righteousness.” You have made it known that you believe deeply that Christ has returned (parousia) and all prophesies have been fulfilled. However, I don’t believe that Christ has made His return. If your belief is correct, and I don’t believe it, am I without righteousness?

Obviously, this is a difficult question to answer and that’s why I try to give some context to “believing God” in the various ages of the Bible.

In my understanding of the Word, we are to believe God with all our heart that Jesus died and shed his blood on the cross, was buried, and was resurrected on the third day to take all the sins of the world in order to save us if we are willing to accept His Grace.

preterism, or dispensationalism or any other ism will never make a person righteous. It is by faith alone.

11. Member

12. Member
    If an interested non-believer came to you and said that he/she wanted to be saved right now. What would you tell them?

13. Member
    If an interested non-believer came to you and said that he/she wanted to be saved right now. What would you tell them?

LOL

My soteriology may be different than yours. I could give you the churchy answer I was taught throughout the majority of my life but I would not be, being honest. (Romans road to salvation, 4 spiritual laws) You may not be old enough to remember those :)

my short answer is this:

Acts 16:29-31: Calling for lights, the jailer rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas. 30Then he brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”31They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved, you and your household.”

The next thing would be to tell that person to go buy a NIV, NASB, NKJ bible and have access to the Young's Literal Translation.

I would then tell them not to attend a church until you have read it about 20 times, then if you think you are ready, read it another 20 times. If you don't understand what you are reading......... get a lexicon and do some google searches on History (not bible sites who can and are biased).

I would highly recommend to them to research Hebrew / Jewish history/ and 2nd Temple Judaism.

Then I would recommend they buy a book or google biblical hermeneutics until they have a very solid grasp of what it is, why they need it ect.

Then I would tell them to find a preterist church and tell them to always test what is being taught to see if it is true.

14. Member
    LOL

My soteriology may be different than yours. I could give you the churchy answer I was taught throughout the majority of my life but I would not be, being honest. (Romans road to salvation, 4 spiritual laws) You may not be old enough to remember those :)

my short answer is this:

Acts 16:29-31: Calling for lights, the jailer rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas. 30Then he brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”31They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved, you and your household.”

The next thing would be to tell that person to go buy a NIV, NASB, NKJ bible and have access to the Young's Literal Translation.

I would then tell them not to attend a church until you have read it about 20 times, then if you think you are ready, read it another 20 times. If you don't understand what you are reading......... get a lexicon and do some google searches on History (not bible sites who can and are biased).

I would highly recommend to them to research Hebrew / Jewish history/ and 2nd Temple Judaism.

Then I would recommend they buy a book or google biblical hermeneutics until they have a very solid grasp of what it is, why they need it ect.

Then I would tell them to find a preterist church and tell them to always test what is being taught to see if it is true.
    Sounds complicated. Why not just share a link to this forum where they can see answers to ALL their questions? Simplicity Dozer, simplicity!
    Full blood Nikonian

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonG View Post
    Sounds complicated. Why not just share a link to this forum where they can see answers to ALL their questions? Simplicity Dozer, simplicity!

16. Banned
    Everyone he is a loving God

17. Member
    LOL

my short answer is this:

I don’t think I’ll ever make it to church then at my age.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeet1 View Post
    Everyone he is a loving God

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456