Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chisco View Post
    I haven’t had experiences like Godsdozer and others where they’ve orally heard Gods voice. For me, the Holy Spirit helps guide my thinking and will lead me to scriptures if I have questions. He also prompts me when I’m going down a path of sin.
    Do you think satan speaks to people in the same way? How does he convey his messages of evil?

2. Member
    The Bible says that “the whole world is under the control of the evil one” (1 John 5:19), and we must “be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour” (1 Peter 5:8).

He is the enemy of God and truth (Matthew 13:24-30; 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12), and he does everything he can to tempt individuals (Genesis 3; Luke 22:31; 1 Timothy 3:7) and larger groups of people (1 Thessalonians 3:5; Revelation 2:10). He “leads the whole world astray” (Revelation 12:9). Satan accomplishes this by various means, including appealing to man’s pride (1 Timothy 3:6; 1 Corinthians 4:6), interfering with the transmission of truth (Matthew 13:18-22, 38-39), and placing false believers within the church (1 Timothy 4:1-2; 2 Timothy 3:1-9; Revelation 2:9; 3:9). In John 8:44, Jesus says that Satan “is a liar and the father of it.”

(excerpt from S. Michael Houdman)
    Last edited by Chisco; 11-28-2021 at 06:14 PM.

3. Banned
    I haven’t had experiences like Godsdozer and others where they’ve orally heard Gods voice. For me, the Holy Spirit helps guide my thinking and will lead me to scriptures if I have questions. He also prompts me when I’m going down a path of sin.
    I would consider you as a good Christian. Why do you think God would speak directly to Godsdozer and others on the forum but not to you? How do you tell the difference in Gods voice, and the little man in your head that talks non stop, like when to switch to a spinnerbait?

4. Member
    That’s two great questions. God works in mysterious ways that I don’t understand and uses people in different ways. I still consider myself as a young Christian and I may not be mature enough to relate to Him in that way. Maybe Godsdozer can share his experience with the board sometime.

As far as discerning what is being fed to me by the Holy Spirit….I have to examine the spirit. Does it match up to what scriptures say or is it a deception from Satan. It ends up being pretty easy to tell the difference in the end. “Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.” (1 John 4:4)

The voice that tells me to switch baits is always wrong….lol

5. Member
    Rexico, the spinnerbait comment was GOLDEN ! I'm still laughing.

6. Member
    There have been some bible verses used in this thread that IMO have been taken way out of context. #1, the bible WAS NOT WRITTEN TO US. We are reading someone else's mail.

Romans 16:20 "The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you."

The passage in Romans 16 is a reference to Genesis Chapter 3.

14 So the Lord God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this,
    “Cursed are you above all livestock
    and all wild animals!
    You will crawl on your belly
    and you will eat dust
    all the days of your life.
    15 And I will put enmity
    between you and the woman,
    and between your offspring[a] and hers;
    he will crush[b] your head,
    and you will strike his heel.

7. Member
    The good news!

Adam[c] named his wife Eve,[d] because she would become the mother of all the living.
    21 The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them. 22 And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aj14 View Post
    Absolutely not.
    The more I see this post the more I get sick to my stomach.
    He didn't like the people at the Christmas parade, 28 children at Sandy Hook elementary, Jason Aldean country concert, or thousands and thousands who have been abused by the clergy, etc.
    As I tried to stay away from this topic, it seemed like you asked and wanted a truthful response.
    In respect to Al, I apologize if I stepped over the line in my response and many beliefs of others.

I cannot speak for Al, but I can for the moderator of this forum. No need to apologize for your response. I may not come to the same conclusion that you have, but all are free to discuss their views.

I will say this to Christians on this forum, I hope people will think about it.

In any of those horrific events mentioned above, was there one innocent person harmed?

I think back to a character described in the bible who "knew" "no sin", and yet became sin on our behalf.

What fallen man does is truly horrific at times to another fallen man, but what mankind did to an innocent man shows how deep our depravity is.

Thank you, God, for saving us. We are truly in need of salvation.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    There have been some bible verses used in this thread that IMO have been taken way out of context. #1, the bible WAS NOT WRITTEN TO US. We are reading someone else's mail.

Romans 16:20 "The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you."

The passage in Romans 16 is a reference to Genesis Chapter 3.

14 So the Lord God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this,
    “Cursed are you above all livestock
    and all wild animals!
    You will crawl on your belly
    and you will eat dust
    all the days of your life.
    15 And I will put enmity
    between you and the woman,
    and between your offspring[a] and hers;
    he will crush[b] your head,
    and you will strike his heel.

We obviously weren’t the original recipients of His Word but we were the intended audience….as were the people in AD70. Do you think God intended for us to obtain, read, and follow His Word (contained in the Bible) today?

10. Member
    We obviously weren’t the original recipients of His Word but we were the intended audience….as were the people in AD70. Do you think God intended for us to obtain, read, and follow His Word (contained in the Bible) today?

You are correct, we weren't the original recipients/

What gives you the authority or the right to claim "we were the intended audience"? when the book or letter was addressed to someone else ?

I absolutely believe God intended for us 2,000 years removed from its original recipients to obtain, read and follow his word in context.

This is why Christianity is in such a mess today............. we are reading someone else's mail and not properly "rightly" dividing the Word of God.

11. Member
    Col 1:2 To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ

1Th 1:1 Paul, and Silvanus, and Timothy, unto the church of the Thessalonians which is in God the Father and in the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

1Ti 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

2Ti 1:2 To Timothy, my dearly beloved son: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.

Tit 1:4 To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Savior.

Revelation

to the seven churches in the province of Asia.

12. Member
    Chisco, I have posted several videos, several articles that cover the exact thing you have brought up. I am assuming you have never taken the time to watch or read them. Although this gets frustrating at times, I will provide you with those specific videos or articles for your consideration. Just let me know.

13. Banned
    "God works in mysterious ways" is often used when something doesn't make sense. I think, driving into a parade, killing school children, is really bad. If it isn't bad, then it must be good. Is it possible that I am wrong, and it is good? If everything is beyond understanding, how can we trust our judgement on anything?

14. Member
    You are correct, we weren't the original recipients/

What gives you the authority or the right to claim "we were the intended audience"? when the book or letter was addressed to someone else ?

This is why Christianity is in such a mess today............. we are reading someone else's mail and not properly "rightly" dividing the Word of God.
    I don’t have authority but Scripture makes it clear because everyone is held responsible to respond to it. The Bible claims to have universal authority over all people everywhere. There are only two categories of people according to the Bible, believers and unbelievers. The New Testament says in John 3:36, “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abide the on him.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 says, “All scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.”

15. Member
    I don’t have authority but Scripture makes it clear because everyone is held responsible to respond to it. The Bible claims to have universal authority over all people everywhere. There are only two categories of people according to the Bible, believers and unbelievers. The New Testament says in John 3:36, “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abide the on him.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 says, “All scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.”

Chisco, you are kicking against the goads with me.

If you do not have authority (I certainly do not) why did you claim it in post #29 ?

I believe all scripture is God breathed.

I believe all scripture is profitable for teaching

I belive all scripture is good for reproof

I believe all scripture is for correction

I believe all scripture is for training in righteousness

I belive the new testament was written to people 2,000 years ago, therefore I look at the context to rightly divide what was for them, and what is for me today.

That mankind may be complete, equipped for every good work.

You better go answer rexicos question on post #33 , because you are losing ground here.

rexico has a very good observation
    Last edited by godsdozer; 11-28-2021 at 09:05 PM.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rexico View Post
    "God works in mysterious ways" is often used when something doesn't make sense. I think, driving into a parade, killing school children, is really bad. If it isn't bad, then it must be good. Is it possible that I am wrong, and it is good? If everything is beyond understanding, how can we trust our judgement on anything?
    I simply meant that God can present himself to people in different ways for his purpose. It’s a mystery to me because I don’t know why this is the case.

Im not real sure I understand your question. I don’t know of anyone that would say these incidents are a good thing unless they are just pure evil. Not only do I pray for comfort and healing for those involved but I also pray for the comfort of family members and friends. My prayer will also be that God in His Grace use the tragedy to positively affect the lives of others (become saved, learn to have empathy for others, understand that God needs to be present in their lives, etc.)……but to be absolutely clear…these incidents are pure evil.
    Last edited by Chisco; 11-28-2021 at 09:20 PM.

17. Member
    Chisco, you are kicking against the goads with me.

If you do not have authority (I certainly do not) why did you claim it in post #29 ?

I believe all scripture is God breathed.

I believe all scripture is profitable for teaching

I belive all scripture is good for reproof

I believe all scripture is for correction

I believe all scripture is for training in righteousness

That mankind may be complete, equipped for every good work.

You better go answer rexicos question on post #33 , because you are losing ground here.

rexico has a very good observation

why did you claim it in post #29 ?

I never once claimed authority. My answer is in post #34…”Scripture makes it clear because everyone is held responsible to respond to it.

I know that I’m not going to make an impression on you because you have strong beliefs. However, I believe with all my heart that God, in His Wisdom and love for ALL of mankind, provided His perfect written Word to and for each and everyone one of us. I see God as absolute perfection (seeing the past, present and future) and He wrote His Word to and for all mankind throughout history.

An analogy is when I respond or quote scriptures to Rexico and others…..I want Rexico to be satisfied with my answer, but I also write it for the sake of others that take the time to read our posts….even if someone researched these posts 100 years from now, quotes/answers will still be same.
    Last edited by Chisco; 11-28-2021 at 09:24 PM.

18. Member
    I know that I’m not going to make an impression on you because you have strong beliefs. However, I believe with all my heart that God, in His Wisdom and love for ALL of mankind, provided His perfect written Word to and for each and everyone one of us.

An analogy is when I respond or quote scriptures to Rexico and others…..I want Rexico to be satisfied with my answer, but I also write it for the sake of others that take the time to read our posts.

Just remember, Gods inspired word can be more effective when read in context.

My edit: when we interpret the bible out of context, the rexico's of the world ask those type of questions (rexico, that is not demeaning my friend) rexico wouldn't ask the questions he ask if the bible was taught in context.
    Last edited by godsdozer; 11-28-2021 at 09:18 PM.

19. Member
    Just for future reference, I never claim authority when it comes to Gods Word. I am simply providing my interpretation of The Word. I pray that I do so without error. It’s OK if someone disagrees with my interpretations. Each individual needs to read the Bible and allow God to reveal the truth to them. I am fallible…Gods Word is not.

20. Member

Just remember, Gods inspired word can be more effective when read in context.

My edit: when we interpret the bible out of context, the rexico's of the world ask those type of questions (rexico, that is not demeaning my friend) rexico wouldn't ask the questions he ask if the bible was taught in context.
    can you explain…”read in context? Thanks

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast