Thread: FXR vs ZXR

FXR vs ZXR

What is the material difference in these models? Is it just finishes or is hull different? I have heard conflicting comments.

2. Member
    Aluminum accents/tool holders instead of plastic, touch pad instead of rocker switches, Rigid lighting in boxes(ZXR has lighting in boxes, Rigids are an upgrade), trash can and Helix 12 at the bow instead of a 9, 4 livewell pumps instead of 2. There may be a few more details but I think those are the biggest.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20

Quote Originally Posted by slim110 View Post
    Aluminum accents/tool holders instead of plastic, touch pad instead of rocker switches, Rigid lighting in boxes(ZXR has lighting in boxes, Rigids are an upgrade), trash can and Helix 12 at the bow instead of a 9, 4 livewell pumps instead of 2. There may be a few more details but I think those are the biggest.
    Fiberglass fender trailers, full front deck carpet padding
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

4. Member
    I forgot about those. But I think that's about it.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20

5. Member
    Thx. Hull the same? Big jump in price for some of the features.

6. Member
    Same hull. I'm in a ZXR now for that very reason. I can add a 12" Livescope system to the front and still come out better financially. I just really don't need some of the FXR features and am very happy with the ZXR.

7. Member
    It's just hard to defend the choice to get fxr over zxr. I just put a 12 on the bow of my zxr to go along with my 9. Either way, both are fantastic platforms that perform.

8. Member
    I tried to justify spending the extra money on on FXR, but with them going away from the team deck and back to the standard box on the ZXR, it was a no brainer. I'd rather have the rocker switches than a touch pad. The pad looks cool, but I can change a rocker on the water if there's an issue. And the trim pieces I could care less about. I did want the Rigid lighting, but I can do those myself cheaper.
    The extra livewell pumps would be nice, it takes forever to fill the box on a single, but I haven't lost a fish yet.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20