Question Caymas CX19 hydraulic jack plate / trim set up

I have a CX19 w/ proxs 225 with an Atlas hydraulic jack plate 10", Hole shot plate, and Fury 3 blade 24P prop w/ closed hole plugs. Is anyone here running this setup or something similar on a CX19? I'm curious about where you run your jack plate and trim at the hole shot with best results. I can't seem to find a setup for a quick hole shot without blowing out the prop.

2. Member
    Might try prop without plugs.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dhinzman View Post
    I have a CX19 w/ proxs 225 with an Atlas hydraulic jack plate 10", Hole shot plate, and Fury 3 blade 24P prop w/ closed hole plugs. Is anyone here running this setup or something similar on a CX19? I'm curious about where you run your jack plate and trim at the hole shot with best results. I can't seem to find a setup for a quick hole shot without blowing out the prop.
    If your prop is blowing out that bad with all vents closed you may have a bad prop, i have seen it happen several times over the years. When you add solid plugs that controls the exhaust from coming out allowing your prop to get a good bite, if you take those out you want be able to get on plane if it is blowing out. I dont have any plugs in my prop, it does great on hole shot. I would contact your dealer to see if they have a new 24 Fury setting around you could try. Also have you mounted any transducers on the transom that might be breaking up the water to your prop.

I leave my plate on about 3 all the time on my CX 20 unless i am looking for top end speed, just don't have to worry about it all day.

4. Member
    I would say trim all the way down and the plate set where your prop to pad measurement is 3 - 3 1/2 inches below pad.

5. Member
    Nailed it. Plugs out with full load fuel, live wells full. It spins up to 4K and jumps right on plane quick without blowing out.

6. Member
    Nailed it. Plugs out with full load fuel, live wells full. It spins up to 4K and jumps right on plane quick without blowing out.
    I always run my plugs out. Mine jumps up on plane same way. Glad it helped. Easy fix.

7. Member
    Good deal, nine out of ten times adding plugs helps stop props from blowing out, yours is a little unusual, glade you got her fixed up. What type top in speed are you getting with that 19??

8. Member
    I ran it to 67mph with about 45 gallons of fuel, both live wells full, and full tournament load of equipment. I had some chine walk and was losing daylight so I parked it on the trailer. I found the steering shaft through the motor was loose with about 3/32" to 1/8' of play and the adjustment screw was not tight, loose enough that was probably contributing to the chine. It was probably overlooked during rigging. I have it corrected but I haven't been back out yet to run it wide open again. Hopefully I can give you an update later this weekend on the top speed.

I'm curious about the top end myself. I have three group 31 flooded trolling motor batteries. Some folks may run only two with this size boat. And I have two 8' power poles. I may be running a little heavier than some others. I've seen posts on the web that guys are getting 73 to 75mph. but I don't know how their loads compare.

Also, I spoke to the guy that does testing at Caymas directly. They run without the plugs in the props.
    Last edited by dhinzman; 12-03-2021 at 02:54 PM.

9. Member
    I ran it to 67mph with about 45 gallons of fuel, both live wells full, and full tournament load of equipment. I had some chine walk and was losing daylight so I parked it on the trailer. I found the steering shaft through the motor was loose with about 3/32" to 1/8' of play and the adjustment screw was not tight, loose enough that was probably contributing to the chine. It was probably overlooked during rigging. I have it corrected but I haven't been back out yet to run it wide open again. Hopefully I can give you an update later this weekend on the top speed.

I'm curious about the top end myself. I have three group 31 flooded trolling motor batteries. Some folks may run only two with this size boat. And I have two 8' power poles. I may be running a little heavier than some others. I've seen posts on the web that guys are getting 73 to 75mph. but I don't know how their loads compare.

Also, I spoke to the guy that does testing at Caymas directly. They run without the plugs in the props.
    I have sold boats ever since they came out with a Fury prop, i do believe that every Ranger we sold ran best with out plugs and most other brand boats and yes your load makes a huge difference in all around performance.