Harris Chain fishing report

Hey guys,

Just wrapping up my annual Thanksgiving trip to the Harris Chain and wanted to post up a report for anyone interested. I fished Griffin, Harris and Eustis this trip and by far the water was prettiest in Griffin. Clearest of the bunch and a lot more hydrilla in the places I went. I caught a couple small keepers in Harris flipping a junebug Senko in Kissimmee grass. Didn't do anything in Eustis but to be fair I only fished it for about an hour and mostly scouted around.

I spent the majority of my time fishing Griffin. The north wind was pretty fierce on Wednesday and what I found was a lot of wind blown mats on the southern end of the lake Thursday and Friday. I did better than I expected punching a black/ blue BB Cricket into those mats. Also caught several quality fish on 1/4 Oz Redeye shad in gold sexy shad in some offshore hydrilla on the Eastern side of the lake. I couldn't get bit on a worm or jackhammer but they ate up the smaller lipless crank. Water temp was 64-66 degrees the whole trip and overall I had a great time

2. Banned
    Thanks for posting!!

Quote Originally Posted by EL Skeeter View Post
    Thanks for posting!!

4. Member
    Nice to see an actual fishing report for a change.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ba$$n View Post
    Nice to see an actual fishing report for a change.
    Appreciate it! I don't get to fish much anymore and haven't tournament fished in a few years so I try to share whatever I find for anybody who does.