11/26/21 tuff day at Viking.

Got on the water 9:30ish wt 42* water was not very clean so I think that’s what made the bite tough. Only thing I got a few bites on was a jig. Only landed one bass all day. Fished till 1ish. Tried the jerkbait but not luck I think the water was just to dirty. There was ice on lots of the small farm ponds that I saw on the way. Definitely not much time left of open water. Hopefully get out one more time this weekend.

2. Member
    I think I might try going back to the lake I’ve had some luck at this fall. The water is really clear and the jerkbait just works good there. See if I can make it there Sunday?

3. Member
    Weather looks good up here next week. Think I’m going to try to get out on a small river and get on some smallmouth. Last time I was out was a week and a half ago. Water temp was 39 and we got quite a few. Two over #4 also

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    Weather looks good up here next week. Think I’m going to try to get out on a small river and get on some smallmouth. Last time I was out was a week and a half ago. Water temp was 39 and we got quite a few. Two over #4 also
    Do you fish the Cedar river around CR at all? If it's loaded with smallies, I might have to make the trip over there to get on some smallmouth. Maybe hook up with someone over there to learn how to run the river. Growing up in council bluffs, I'm kinda intimidated by rivers just due to seeing the power behind the Missouri River and never operating a boat on any river

5. Member
    I don’t fish it down that far but I know some guys that do and there’s some good fishing to be had. I’m farther north of there.