Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Kllr bee
    I borrowed a torque master 2 to run on my 21xd w/300xs. It drives like power steering. I will miss it going back to the sporty.
    KLLR BEE

2. Member
    I'd entertain trading my sportmaster for a torquemaster if anybody is in the market. Its a 2013 1:62 with around 350 hours, all new seals last spring, CB marine foil installed.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badmerc View Post
    Going cheaper route 1st with set back. That ghost trolling motor is a tank sitting on the bow. Boat just wont lift. I had a 2012 250 with a gen1 lower unit and had no problem with it lifting. Got the 2018 300 and it just wont lift now. I have a bob's 12" hydraulic plate,

I will check tilt cap color

The ghost is not as bad as an ultrex and others. More setback isn't gonna be the answer IMO.
    I had a 20 that would not lift no matter what I did.. swapping troller/ plates/props/ motor height/moving weight etc.. tried it all.
    It just simply would not lift the bow.
    2013 20XD/ 250XS

I can get boat to lift when propshaft is even with the pad, but only runs 80

5. Member
    If you can find an older Fleet master would be better
    the gear casing is a little better
    for a heavier load
    don’t get a wing master
    stay with a TM gen 1

6. Member
    I doubt you can run a fleet master with no low water pick ups high enough to run on a Bullet.

7. Member
    I am with SUSHI. TM gives you a better hole shot and will carry the load better.

8. Kllr bee
    Try a Mercury Promax prop. Badass on my 21xd.

Still gathering parts for more setback, currently running pro max props. Hydrodynamics is making me a static plate.

10. Bullet/Reels4Sale/Rods4Sale Moderator jayfaro's Avatar
    What gears are in the SM? Also I thought the TM and SM for the old 2S won’t fit on the new 4s? I may be wrong though
    Jay Faro
    Bullet 21xdc/300xs

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jayfaro View Post
    What gears are in the SM? Also I thought the TM and SM for the old 2S won’t fit on the new 4s? I may be wrong though
    The OP doesn’t have a 4S he has a 2018 300XS 2S.
    ‘17 Bullet 21 SDC ‘20 Merc 300R 1.60 SM 1E081012

12. Bullet/Reels4Sale/Rods4Sale Moderator jayfaro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketmanjp View Post
    The OP doesn’t have a 4S he has a 2018 300XS 2S.
    Oh yeah! LOL same motor as me. Wonder if it’s 1.62 or 1.75?
    Jay Faro
    Bullet 21xdc/300xs

There is something very wrong here if your 21xrd 300xs will only run 80 and you have to run the motor at even to get it to lift.

Please take no offense to questions I am going to ask.

How is your boat loaded, meaning what’s in the front boxes and the rear boxes? ( Looking more for how much weight)
    Is this your first bullet, if so how long have you had it?
    Is the 80 mph solo or with fishing partner? Full fuel? Live wells full?
    How much water pressure do you have at wot?
    Sorry if I missed it but how much setback?
    What other props have you run besides the promax props?

I run the same boat with a 26txp ot4 as my fishing wheel and am pretty typically a 86-88 mph boat with me at 235ish and any 200-250 pound partner. Obviously water conditions and weather can change that slightly. I have 14” setback and an ultrex for trolling motor, SM with 1.62 gears. I do have a dbr 1.1 kit but it only helped my holeshot and midrange with my fishing wheel. I try to keep all my heavier gear in the rear compartments.

15. Bullet/Reels4Sale/Rods4Sale Moderator jayfaro's Avatar
    My 21xdc/300xs SM 1.75 is awesome out of the hole with a 29p Bravo1 XS and will be getting back from Mark Croxton an original 30p Mercruiser Bravo1. With full tournament load and fuel and live wells this is an easy driving 85-88mph rig. I know I’m losing 2-3mph with the 1.75 instead of 1.62 but for me holeshot and mid are most important. I’d rather prop 0-88 instead of 88-92. I had 1.62 with my 300x but the 1.75 seems so much better for tournament guys. I’ve run it to 91 but it’s so limited up here the number of times we can run in excess of 85. If top speed is 80 it seems like there could be an issue
    Jay Faro
    Bullet 21xdc/300xs

My dad has 1.75 gears in his SM and with the same 26txp ot4 prop he will put a couple boat lengths on me out of the hole. If the right opportunity comes along I would put 1.75’s in mine.

I like bravo props, but it has been my experience that when the load gets real heavy they slow down a lot. I used to run a 30 bravo 1 during the cooler months and a 28 bravo 1 during the heat. One year I had a customer come down to fish fork and with 3 guys all over 225 each I was a 81 mph boat with us and all the gear. That’s when I switched to the txp and have been very happy since.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 Mach 1 View Post
    There is something very wrong here if your 21xrd 300xs will only run 80 and you have to run the motor at even to get it to lift.

Please take no offense to questions I am going to ask.

How is your boat loaded, meaning what’s in the front boxes and the rear boxes? ( Looking more for how much weight)
    Is this your first bullet, if so how long have you had it?
    Is the 80 mph solo or with fishing partner? Full fuel? Live wells full?
    How much water pressure do you have at wot?
    Sorry if I missed it but how much setback?
    What other props have you run besides the promax props?

I run the same boat with a 26txp ot4 as my fishing wheel and am pretty typically a 86-88 mph boat with me at 235ish and any 200-250 pound partner. Obviously water conditions and weather can change that slightly. I have 14” setback and an ultrex for trolling motor, SM with 1.62 gears. I do have a dbr 1.1 kit but it only helped my holeshot and midrange with my fishing wheel. I try to keep all my heavier gear in the rear compartments.
    -ghost at the bow, hds live 16" at the bow, active target module at the bow. left rod locker about 30#, right rod locker about 30#, center console about 20#, 20# behind driver and passenger, 3 lithium batteries. Lite in the ass end
    -6th bullet, have not had time to set up, but it dont lift since going to 300xs
    -80 was with partner in high heat and humidity, barely lifting, slick water
    -plenty of water pressure, i dont go any higher than 1" or above pad as boat wont lift
    -12" of setback bobs hydraulic
    -25.5, 27, 28 promax, 26,28 bravo(croxton work)with full flare, 28 bravo xs(croxton work), 26 fury 4

I have recently retired, so I will have more time to set boat up. I had a 250 pro with gen 1 torquemaster that lifted boat with easy at the above loads with the same props
    -bravo's with full flare run the best, just need to send back to croxton to set up for the 300xs
    -hole shot is great with bravo's and fury. I have skid plate and cbaily foil

I believe I need more setback. 12" just wont cut it. I'm gonna try 16", croxton prop work, and go from there.

We are probably within 10-15 pounds up front, but I have 50-60 pounds in compartment behind passenger. Then I went back to conventional trolling batteries from lithium because my boat handled better with the extra weight back there. I will be curious to see what happens with the extra setback. My dads boat is a light layup 21xrd with blueprinted bottom. When he first got it, I did not like how it drove and it did not like the same props my boat did. He added more setback from 14” and now the two boats drive very similar and like the same props. Like yours, his boat did not carry the bow like mine. It was still fast, but drove way different.

I believe the lithuims may be some of my problem. Drove fine with the gen 1 lower unit. Still gather parts as its hard to get supplies for what I need. I got a old 14" jackplate from hydrodynamics, but its a B1, so can only get a little above the pad. If all else fails, I know it will run with a gen2 lower unit and the 14" jackplate.

more setback was the answer, its lifting now. Too much trash in river to run hard, but it is lifting

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast