Another Vault Hub question

I have a 2021 Boatmate tandem trailer with vaults. I've already had to have one replaced under warranty for a rear seal leak. Now on 2 of the 4 hubs, the black indicator on the caps is no longer pushed out and it looks like there is a very small amount of seepage from the caps. Is this a problem? There's no leaks from the rear seals and they aren't slinging grease and staying cool, but they are definitely not extended past the cap like the other two hubs. I'd rather not drag it back to the dealer if this is not a big deal, but don't want issues either, I tow around 8,000 miles a year.

2. Member
    My understanding is the cap will push out as internal hub pressure builds from rotation heat and retract some as hub cools
    if grease can show up on outside of cap then water can get inside hub

I would always was get a small amount of residue on the end caps. Its normal. If your actually leaking grease you have a problem.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

4. Member
    Thanks, I don't think it's actually leaking because there's no grease splatter anywhere and the wheels and hub are generally clean. There's just enough grease residue coming out of the caps to make them dirty. I just noticed that the caps had retracted on those two hubs, so I wasn't sure if it needed to be addressed or not. I've run bearing buddy style hubs for 20 years so I'm still new to the vault.

5. Member
    Well, if you have replaced two of the 4 hubs already under warranty, it would be prudent to disassemble the remaining two, buy new o rings clean , and re assemble. I do this on a yearly basis, never have had a problem. Lots of sand in our boat ramps and I think it leads to premature rear seal failure.

6. Member
    http://www.loadrite.com/wp-content/u...-02-15.psd.pdf

I think I would pop the cap off, if the grease looks good, I would then add some grease per the link above,

That end cap should be sticking out per the link above.
    1998 Triton TR-20, 2017 Evinrude 150HO