2018 300xs torquemaster

Entertaining the idea of getting a spare lower unit. Currently running a sportmaster on my 2018 racing 300xs(193247BJH) on my 21 Bullet XRD

Would a gen1 work or should I go with a wingmaster? Found a 2015 wingmaster from a proxs 250.

I carry a big load in boat sometimes and the torquemaster would be a better fit for that. I know to keep it under 85mph.

thanks

2. Member
    There is a couple of guys in here might have you go with a Verado Lower Unit ( apparently much more stout than the TM ) but Don and Joe will have to chime in and comment to be sure it is right for your application.

3. Member
    Actually Kurt was able to squeeze 94 out of a gen 2 I believe
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

4. Member
    I would only run the Gen 2 Torquemaster on the 300XS, not the Gen 1

yea, I believe gen 2 is the answer.

thanks for the comments

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

Best answer is to use the Sporty design your engine was setup for.

Second best would be the Gen-2 TM (however- you may need to change the STUDS in the driveshaft housing, and should use caution as that gearcase was primarily designed for speeds BELOW 85 MPH). Also note that shift adjustment should be checked as there is a very slight difference in the shift shaft rotation/angle between the two gearcases.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

thanks for the info