Thread: Buckle Up

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    I still got my shopping list ready so ready for it to drop like a rock in the next few months. I sold a bunch of puts expiring in January and would love to own those stocks at those prices.
    We enjoyed a shopping trip last Spring, might just be time to dust off my cart.
    Gonna buy more of the same, we're positioned happily, always good to expand.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    We enjoyed a shopping trip last Spring, might just be time to dust off my cart.
    Gonna buy more of the same, we're positioned happily, always good to expand.
    I've been adding to some existing positions as well. When BMY dropped and the yield was about 3.5% I couldn't help but add some. Added some LMT last week and tried to add some AMGN but then the price went up. Not many good buys at this level but we could get some more opportunities. Would love to get some Honeywell if it ever drops enough. May add some MDT if it drops some more. Love those dividend stocks especially ones that grow that dividend.

3. Member
    Whee! We're off to a good start. Wait until after the POTUS speaks tomorrow, Omicron.

4. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Added to my TSLA position. Will probably add to OIH in another week or two.
    Thanos was the hero

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    Added to my TSLA position. Will probably add to OIH in another week or two.
    RCL, NCLH and CCL should be bargain stocks within a couple of weeks, they're not going reflect optimism.

6. Member
    Not really too bad a day given where it started. Added a little to LEG and ADC and tried to sell a put on HON but it never filled since the market cut its losses towards the end. Be curious to see if we get more down days through the end of the year. It is probably headline driven at this point so no way to tell I guess.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    It is probably headline driven at this point so no way to tell I guess.
    Ain't it always? Between no BBB and Omicron and lockdowns in other countries and the slowing of bond buying ...
    Think of it as your very best impersonal shared Christmas present. You can go shopping for dollar value stocks.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    Ain't it always? Between no BBB and Omicron and lockdowns in other countries and the slowing of bond buying ...
    Think of it as your very best impersonal shared Christmas present. You can go shopping for dollar value stocks.
    To a degree it is headline driven but most times it would be declining earnings, rising interest rates etc. and the market would gradually absorb it. I'm not sure if it is the computers or just the nature of the headlines (i.e virus) but what would normally take time can happen in a month. That crash down during COVID and the rapid rebound I think must be unparalleled other than the 1987 crash.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    S&P500 up over 21% for the year. I’d take a repeat of this for any year.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    S&P500 up over 21% for the year. I’d take a repeat of this for any year.
    Financially ... yes. The difficulty of international travel, no one paying the rent, people being pissy ... no.
    And definitely not the +400,000 additional COVID deaths in the US. I'd trade the profits all day, any day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12