Thread: 2002 OX66 250HP

2002 OX66 250HP

Just purchased an 02 Stratos 21XL with an 02 OX66 250. Few questions for y'all!

1) Engine smokes on startup and idles at low RPM a little rough. What are the remedies for this?

2) I lost one of the stabilizer clips to the lake. What size stabilizers do I replace them with? 4" or 5"?

Thanks!

2. Member
    What maintenance been done on motor before purchase?
    Replace plugs,
    Replace vst filter,
    Replace primer bulb
    Replace paper fuel cartridge,
    Check low pressure pumps for diaphragm leaks,
    Check compression
    Any n sync on throttle plates
    Check oil injection pump plastic elbow and make sure it is about .10000 gap.

Items above I'd replace if unknown history on maintenance.
    Normal to have some smoke on startup.
    To warm and idek about 750rpm.
    What are the Tom's at idle?

3. Member
    Do the above except for throttle plates. It’s fuel injected. Acquired a 2000 Ox66 several years ago. Ran pretty good. Did a complete fuel system maintenance and sent the injectors off to be cleaned and flow tested/adjusted. Ran like a top after that and still does. Built a O2 harness adapter so I can run the Bosh one now and not the $300 Yami one. They are solid motors. DM me for any specific questions. Happy to share what I know.

4. Member
    IMHO the sync and link is important just to start with everything correct. It affects idle rpm, TPS adjustment and oiling. The biggest culprits for smoke is the fuel pump's [I recommend replacing them with a external unit] and the o2 sensor. Replace it and clean the draft [siphon] tube along with what Javelin posted. Send me your e mail and I can get you some tune up specs. Oh and disconnect the shift switch at the shift linkage. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

5. Member
    If I remember the 02 sensor is NTK21006 and is same as the $350 Yamaha 02 sensor.
    Some had used a chevy o2 sensor harness and makes it easy in the future when replacing an 02 sensor if needed.
    Last edited by javelin90; 12-02-2021 at 07:44 PM.