Best transducer for hds 12 gen 3?

What is best transducer for hds 12 gen 3 and what is best place to mount

thanks
    Brent

2. Member
    Best is one of the Airmar CHIRP transducers mounted on the transom. You will pay a lot but they are better than the standard Lowrance transducer. If you are not willing to pay for an Airmar, the Skimmer mounted on the transom is probably a touch more sensitive than a bilge mounted pod type. Most regular users would never notice the difference

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

3. Member
    To elaborate on NoCALs otherwise good info, the best 2D-transducers for transom mount aplications and shallow to medium depth fishing in combination with Lowrance HDS Gen 3 are:
    1. Airmar TM185HW
    2. Airmar TM150M
    3. Lowrance 83/200-HDI (The same ceramic element as in TotalScan)
    4. Lowrance HST-WSBL

The best place to mount purely from a performance-perspective is typically through the hull, the second best is a transom mount. Which of those one choose is mostly a question of what type of hull.

i am also looking into this, currently running a thru hull and a lss2. My concern is my deucer is going bad and im looking for a better option that will allow me to keep my thru hull operational. .
    Po' Boys Milford Jackpots
    I70 Bass Anglers Team Trail

5. Member

In my video I use the Airmar TM150M, but today would go with the TM185HW as mentioned by Team Colibri (though I do love my 150).
    ciao,
    Marc