Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    I bought a knock off pellet cooker to use for quick cooks instead of getting a gas grill. Still gonna use my egg for ribs, briskets and butts. It would drive me crazy to have to use the thing for long smokes. It’s ok for quick stuff. Major temp swings and it struggles to get to and keep high temps. I don’t understand why all the pellet smokers are so cheaply made. Thin metal and no insulation.
    Last edited by GOTTA BIG SACK; 01-20-2022 at 04:57 PM.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTTA BIG SACK View Post
    I bought a knock off pellet cooker to use for quick cooks instead of getting a gas grill. Still gonna use my egg for ribs, briskets and butts. It would drive me crazy to have to use the thing for long smokes. It’s ok for quick stuff. Major temp swings and it struggles to get to and keep high temps. I don’t understand why all the pellet smokers are so cheaply made. Thin metal and no insulation.
    well you said it was a knock off….what did you expect??? Don’t be a cheap ass a buy a good one. I’ve had one for 6 years that’s never missed a beat and holds temps dead on. Buy shit get shit

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

3. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveDyer View Post
    well you said it was a knock off….what did you expect??? Don’t be a cheap ass a buy a good one. I’ve had one for 6 years that’s never missed a beat and holds temps dead on. Buy shit get shit
    Seriously. All of them are a cheap thin metal with a box on the side that feed pellets. Not much difference in a $1,500 and a $300 one.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

4. Member
    Seriously. All of them are a cheap thin metal with a box on the side that feed pellets. Not much difference in a $1,500 and a $300 one.
    So sorry. I see you've done extensive research and used them for years. You're right of course, no difference at all. Keep using that $300 one, the rant posts are fun to read.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

5. Member
    Got a Traeger at the lake and a Pit Boss at home. No complaints.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro

6. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveDyer View Post
    So sorry. I see you've done extensive research and used them for years. You're right of course, no difference at all. Keep using that $300 one, the rant posts are fun to read.
    Wasn’t ranting. Fun reading your posts though.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

7. Member
    I bought a Memphis. Slow smoke all day at 180 degrees or do an open flame mode at 700 degrees. It's built and insulated like a brick s### house. High end quality. But definitely not cheap nor cheaply made.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12