Jackplate help please

I have a 2011 Ranger 522 with Bob's machine jackplate. It will lower but cannot get it to raise. I hear the solenoid click. But motor does not seem to run.

It was very low on hydraulic fluid. So filled and still down but not up. Any help is welcome. I normally do not use it very often, but last time out hit the switch accidentally and went down further than I prefer.

Thanks again for any help. What part needs replaced? Or where to start testing?

2. Member
    Just because the solenoid clicks doesn’t mean it’s contacts are good. Voltage should be checked to the motor while energized with a volt meter. Obviously if the motor runs the pump, to run the motor down. It should be good I would think.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

3. Member
    Likely a bad solenoid or relay (not sure which plate you have). Contact Mark at BMS….he can talk you through troubleshooting it. I have talked with him twice….good customer service.

Mark F. Pelini
    Mechanical Engineer/Project Manager
    Engineering/Technical Department
    RSM International, Inc.
    8802 East Broadway Ave.
    Tampa, Fl. 33619
    Tel: (813)247-7040 – ext. 233
    Fax: (813) 247-7041
    www.bobsmachine.com
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

4. Member
    Thanks

Grant

5. Member
    Found a leak in the hose fitting... it is broken. Maybe that will help Will keep board posted

6. Member
    replaced the hose. wasn't the issue.. put a screw driver across the relay and it lifted.... must be bad relay