Question about Dwndraft intake

2001 200 Merc EFI 2.5 liter, #OT334140. Does this have the down draft intake?

I know it has the older Cummins ECU and 40 AMP alternator.

Thank you.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    No.

Yes, it does have the Cummins ECU.

No, it didn't come with an alternator (it has a Stator-type charging system with twin Voltage Regulators).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    That is what I thought. I think the 200 EFI was upgraded to the down draft intake, 60 AMP belt driven alternator, and 555 PCM in 2002 models.

BTW, I had this engine rebuilt with a Merc factory reman powerhead in 2015. I have 150 hrs on the rebuild and it runs perfectly from 650 to 5800+ rpms. Highly recommend Merc reman.

Thank you Don.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Roughly accurate... but we have to remember there are no "year models" so this is an area where serial numbers become EXTREMELY critical (where both designs were in production during the same calendar year).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor