Thread: Battery tray

Battery tray

I plan on moving one of my battery trays and adding another. Im adding another battery. What sealer is basscat using these days.?
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

2. Member
    Pretty sure that it is still Euroflex on the trays along with screws
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

3. Member
    Thanks Catdude! Finally going to make a move on the battery situation. Due to work,waiting on a motor part and sealing my lower my boat has sit since April. Longest it has ever sit.
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

4. Member
    Jimmy, I found the best way to remove an old tray is to gently heat a putty knife to cut through the old Euroflex, and gently pry out the tray. When I had my 2015 P2, I reconfigured my battery trays.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

5. Member
    Appears i have not much choice. My area in the bilge compartment is tight. I have weighed my options. Looks like the saddle tank is coming out. Again i dont use the tank anyhow. I dont really want to remove the tank, but to me seems a better option than building a bridge over the sump. When i buy i keep so resale dont bother me. I like electronics and use them. So for me ive weighed the opition seriously. Im not looking forward to the job ahead. If i keep going with the single 31 northstar it is going to die way to early. A house battery is the best option in my case. Im still in debation about adding a supplemental charge or not. Honestly this one im still studying on and honestly not sure if i would even benifit from it due to the fact of my fishing habits. Meaning i fish and dont run all over the place! Thanks for the tip Catdude!
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

6. Member
    I’m going to add a 100ah lithium in the starboard rod locker for electronics only. Just gotta figure out how to mount a tray.
    2020 BassCat Cougar FTD SP
    2020 250 Pro SX
    #Denalirods #Powerpole
    #PowerhouseLithium
    #Powerpole Move

7. Member
    I looked at that as well. Though i have my black box in there. If i didnt have a oil tank in the bilge. I would have enough room. My thing is i want to use a BCB battery tray. I been thinking about this for several months. For my application i just find the saddle tank is wasted space. I have never even came close to burning the 33 gallons i have under my seating. My 200 sips fuel in the right RPM ranges. My only concern is unplugging the tank float and if it will throw some kind of code to the a10 panel. Seems no one knows the answer
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redngoo View Post
    I looked at that as well. Though i have my black box in there. If i didnt have a oil tank in the bilge. I would have enough room. My thing is i want to use a BCB battery tray. I been thinking about this for several months. For my application i just find the saddle tank is wasted space. I have never even came close to burning the 33 gallons i have under my seating. My 200 sips fuel in the right RPM ranges. My only concern is unplugging the tank float and if it will throw some kind of code to the a10 panel. Seems no one knows the answer
    Jimmy I don't really know the answer either but think about it this way......The left or right button on the A10 is only a "switch" that accepts an input from either the left or right tank. If you always leave it in the left position nothing should change on the A10. I don't think that would be a concern. After you remove the tank and you switch to the "right" the only thing you should see is that your gas gauge won't move off of empty position because there is nothing coming into the switch.

9. Member
    Well that is what i was hoping. I kno i can plug or even remove the gas line. Honestly the only thing stopping me from the "building a bridge" is the fact i like the open access to the sump area, pumps and etc. In my case tank removal is best. I still remember my buddy adding a tank on his p4 and blocked off his underseat tank. He only had 20 gallons and never was a issue. Of course his was about speed.
    I been fighting this issue for awhile now and im ready to resolve the issue!
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor