Cleaning a Lund Pro V

Hey All,

I have a new Lund Pro V and just wondering what you all do for maintenance to keep it clean. I was reading another thread on here, but it talked a lot about glass boats and preserving gel coat with UV blocking etc. they talked a lot about Lucas Mist and BBS. I just want to keep it looking nice and keep it protected. Just thinking about a spray cleaner when I get off the water and then maybe a wax, protectant type product.

What do you all use?

Thanks

2. Member
    I wipe my aluminum triton down with Lucas spray wax as soon as I pull out of the water. Makes it much easier when it's still wet and the spray wax gives it a little protection. Going on 3 years and it still looks new minus some scratches and scuffs. Buddy uses hot sauce with similar results. The Lucas smells wonderful, the hot sauce smells the opposite of wonderful lol.
    Derek McCarty

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5965derek View Post
    I wipe my aluminum triton down with Lucas spray wax as soon as I pull out of the water. Makes it much easier when it's still wet and the spray wax gives it a little protection. Going on 3 years and it still looks new minus some scratches and scuffs. Buddy uses hot sauce with similar results. The Lucas smells wonderful, the hot sauce smells the opposite of wonderful lol.
    I do the same with my RT, love the smell of Lucas spray wax.

4. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    I wipe it down as soon as I pull it out and use Bass Boat Saver. Stays nice and clean. If it is extra dirty like in turnover, I use my pressure washed with soap then rinse, very easy to keep her like new that way.
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex

5. Member
    I have heard a lot about the smell of Lucas. I have to buy some just to see what the smell is all about.

I have also heard good things about Hot Sauce and Bass Boat Saver. It sounds like they all work, I may have to buy these 3 and give them a try.

Thanks All!