NFC shipping speed

I know this topic has gotten beaten to death here, but I'd just like to get an idea of how fast they have been shipping since they've been running this crazy blank sale. For those that have ordered during the time this sale has been running? Have you had your blank (s) ship anywhere close to the 2 -3 weeks they mention on their web site? I've ordered 4 different blanks from NFC in the past, and have always had them ship within the 2 - 3 week time frame, but they weren't ordered during the kind of volume I imagine they are seeing with the current sale they're running.

The water will probably be freezing over here in northeast Ohio fairly soon, so it's not like I am going to need to rush to build on the blanks I ordered. I'm just looking for an idea of when to expect them to ship. How long it takes the carrier to get them here during this time of year is another matter.

And one other question. I'd imagine that with the volume NFC is doing due to the sale, that things may be being rushed at the factory. Any QC issues that may be showing up because of the increased volume and a rush to get product out? Have you been getting the actual blanks you ordered? Has there been any glaring issues with the blanks themselves?

Thanks for any heads up you guys can provide.

2. Banned
    My order showed up in about 3 weeks after I placed the order. 1 of the 3 rods had a QC issue that was detailed in my thread a few threads down. They agreed to replace it. The replacement took just over a week but unfortunately fedex broke the rod tube and snapped the blank in half

3. Member
    I have ordered 10 blanks all shipped in 2 - 3 weeks and have zero issues.

4. Member
    liljakec, denraytay, thank you both for your responses. They are very much appreciated. Glad to see that they're shipping within the 2 -3 week time frame they mentioned, and that overall, QC issues seem to be limited.

As far as the broken blank goes, Man liljakec, that really stinks that the blank was broken in shipping, and even worse that it was a replacement blank. Hopefully the replacement for that one makes it to you intact. I had one of the X ray blanks I've ordered from them a couple of years ago, that was broken during shipping. I'm hoping I don't have that problem to deal with on this order.

Ya know ..... for the $35 flat rate shipping that they charge, you'd think they'd be able to ship the blanks in PVC tubing. I order blanks from Utmost Enterprises, which is also in Washington state, and they ship the blanks in PVC tubing, and I have never paid more than $18 to have blanks shipped to me here in northeast Ohio.

Oh well, I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks again guys.

5. Member
    My last order was 4 days to the porch, Usually within a week, grips were 3 days. That said I'm a westcoaster.

6. Member
    I actually ordered some more (I know) and was pleasantly surprised to have them show up in 8 days. Ordered 7 blanks and they were all straight. Only gripe I have is that the stickers for SJ762 HM's (that's 7'6") both say that they are 6'6"

7. Member
    Like everyone else, if they have the blank on the rack, it gets shipped fast. If they have none they have to build more, they get built in batches (25 or more) just like everyone else does it. They than decide if they have had enough of that model go out the door to rush these, or if they have to wait their turn while others are built. Again just like everyone else. Shipping time isn't something they can control once it goes out the door. If you think they should tell you when they have to build more and the delay time, no other blank manufacturer has ever done that in my 40+ years doing this.

8. Member
    Got an e mail that my order shipped today. Placed the or November 23rd. 8 days, not bad at all in my book. Hope they make it here in one piece and are all nice and straight, just like the other blanks I have ordered from NFC.

Fed Ex tracking says I should expect them on the 7th. December 7th ...... kind of an ominous day. Can't wait to receive the order. I only ordered 3 blanks. One of the blanks is an MB 709 IM. I already have a rod that I built on that blank that I use for pitching and flipping, and I absolutely love it.

The others are a MB 704 IM and a SJ 704 IM. Those will both be built as spinning rods. I'll most likely sell the one built on the MB 704 to a buddy of mine. He'll use it for dragging tube jigs. I'm hoping the SJ 704 has a light enough tip that it may be a decent drop shop rod. If not it will be primarily used for shaky heads.

9. Member
    Finally got my order from NFC today. IMO NFC did great getting the product out in a timely manner. Fed Ex on the other hand, could have done a little better. I know with the pandemic they are shipping more packages, and with the time of year it is, they're shipping even more packages, so I get it. I just find it odd that a product would leave Washington state, go to two different cities in Oregon, one of them Portland, and then go back to a city in Washington state.

The package shipped on 12/1 and made it a city just outside of Columbus on 12/6, where it sat for (according to their scan times) a little more than 2 days. Then it took another 2 days to travel the 137 miles to where they put it on their truck to my house. And despite having put a delivery memo with the order and on Fed Ex's website, it was delivered to my front door instead of the side door that I requested it be delivered to. A package, especially of that size, is much less conspicuous at my side door. Oh and I have a small sign on my front door that says " Please deliver packages to side door. Thank you"

Anyhow, the shipping tube was intact, as well as its' content. All the blanks were very nice, with only one of them, the SJ 704, having a slight curve in the upper part of the blank. The MB 704 feels a little more powerful than I expected it to. Still thinking my buddy will like it built as a spinning rod though. The SJ 704 doesn't have a light enough tip for a drop shot, but I have a feeling it's going to make an awesome shaky head rod. And I already know that the MB 709 is going to build into an awesome flipping and pitching rod.

Gonna be a busy off season for me, and that's a good thing

10. Member
    Bassbme, which MB704 did you get? Xray, HM, IM, Delta? I got a couple of HM MB704's with this order and they both have more power than a HM MB704 I built a couple of years ago and have on my rack...actually not a bad thing from my point of view.

11. Member
    Is the blanks more powerful, or stiffer? Higher modulus materials tend to do the latter.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonplugger1 View Post
    Is the blanks more powerful, or stiffer? Higher modulus materials tend to do the latter.
    I don't know if you're asking me or Bassbme but I'm talking about apples and apples older HM MB704's seem to have more power than the HM MB704's I just got.

13. Member
    willwork4fish. All of the blanks in this order were IM blanks. And after messing with the blank a little more, it's probably about where it should be. I am going to do CCS tests just to see what kind of numbers I come up with for it.