Steel Shot shells-How is your supply?

Tough in Tulsa to find Steel shot in any gauge but especially so in 20 ga.
    BPS out most days but gets small allotments in. 10 box limit.
    Academy has a little more the other day, 12 ga. But 4 box limit with only the BB’s I prefer in FastSteel.
    Walmart in Okmulgee has lots of 2’s and 4’s but 4 box limit.
    I have never seen a hunting season where you have to hunt shells this hard.
    Good thing I have plenty of leftovers from prior seasons and was able to buy 12 boxes of 12 ga. To get me by this season.
    Now I just hope I use them all!

2. Member
    Still hard to find on the shelves up my way. The last store I checked the other day had a few boxes in stock, and that was it. Even then, there was a 2 box limit on ALL hunting loads.

3. Member
    Glad a few years ago I bought cases from Roger's during their truckload sale. I'm good for at least 5 more years....

Last year was the same around here. I don't hunt anymore so I sold most of my steel shot to a guy I know.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

5. Member
    Pritnear impossible to find any ammo here. Just glad I use to purchase ammo almost every time I ran across some years ago. Now I think I have more money invested in ammo than firearms........LOL

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
    Pritnear impossible to find any ammo here. Just glad I use to purchase ammo almost every time I ran across some years ago. Now I think I have more money invested in ammo than firearms........LOL
    When you think about it each gun will fire many times it's cost in ammunition during it's lifetime. Guns are cheap ammo is what costs money.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    When you think about it each gun will fire many times it's cost in ammunition during it's lifetime. Guns are cheap ammo is what costs money.
    YES, I never thought of it that way. However, my point (tongue in cheek) was that over the years of slowly stock piling ammo when I found it on sale, that very ammo has now increase 3 to 4 times in cost where I have a very nice arsenal of ammo that would be more expensive than some of the guns I shot the stuff out of........LOL

BTW going thru my safe yesterday I found a RCBS set of Reloading Dies for a .22-250 Rem that have never been used. Brand new in the green plastic box that they came in. Are they worth anything to sell nowadays ? ? ? I also have LOTS of once used spent 22-250 casings.

8. Member
    Rogers is stocked up as usual. Its pricey though.

9. Member
    All "traditional" hunting ammo for shotgun and centerfire rifle has been hit and miss. When found, its limited, very expensive, and may not be your brand of choice.
    Phillip "Wade" Norris
    2015 Ranger Z520C
    250 Merc Optimax Pro XS (S# 2B113454)
    25P Fury - 4 blade all holes open

10. Member
    Dies are back in stock but 6 months ago they were going more than $100 a set. New or good clean once fired brass of a single headstamp is still bringing good money because the supply of new brass has not caught up yet.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Dies are back in stock but 6 months ago they were going more than $100 a set. New or good clean once fired brass of a single headstamp is still bringing good money because the supply of new brass has not caught up yet.
    Thanks for the INFO.

Do you have any recommendations to where I should sell the brass. I also have lots of .243, .270 and some .30-06 and a little .7mm-08. All once fire brass.