Medium Power Casting Rod Recommendations

I am looking for a new medium power casting rod to cover a variety of techniques. Budget is <$300

I will mostly be using it for light T-rigs/jigs (1/4-3/8 oz.), paddle tails, and smaller jerkbaits (i.e. 110 jr.)

I have been looking at the Expride 7'2" Med Lt+ and Dobyns Champion Extreme HP 742. I am not brand loyal, so I would love to hear any other recommendations you have.

Thanks!

2. Member
    I was using a Daiwa Tatula Elite AGS 7’ M-MH for lighter texas rigs and shakeyheads. It was an excellent rod. I did upgrade to The Sensor. But the tatula fits your budget. Im not sure about throwing jerkbaits on it but for light bottom contact stuff it is perfect.

3. Member
    The Expride 6’10 M is what I would recommend.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodster14 View Post
    The Expride 6’10 M is what I would recommend.
    I second this. One of my favorite rods.

5. Member
    Phenix k2 714 . amazing do it all rod. Its rated as a mh but imo more of a medium plus that handles a jerkbait like the 110 great

Quote Originally Posted by Zachc24 View Post
    I was using a Daiwa Tatula Elite AGS 7’ M-MH for lighter texas rigs and shakeyheads. It was an excellent rod. I did upgrade to The Sensor. But the tatula fits your budget. Im not sure about throwing jerkbaits on it but for light bottom contact stuff it is perfect.
    The Tatula is perfect.....in the price range.