Platinum warranty pricing 3000.00…is this good?

I was quoted a price at my local dealer of 3000.00 for the Mercury Platinum warranty. Is this a good price or should I call around? This is on a 2021 Pro xs 225. I was told I can purchase this anytime as long as im still under the 3yr warranty.

For how many years?
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    For how many years?
    It extends the factory 3yrs out to 8yrs…so 5yrs. The deductible is 50 bucks.

4. Member
    I would say it seems like a good price if it’s 5 additional years of platinum coverage. My dealer quoted me $3500 a year ago when I bough my boy for the same coverage. I opted to wait and do it before the 3 year factory warranty expires

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tfall View Post
    I was quoted a price at my local dealer of 3000.00 for the Mercury Platinum warranty. Is this a good price or should I call around? This is on a 2021 Pro xs 225. I was told I can purchase this anytime as long as im still under the 3yr warranty.
    Your dealer must have forgotten mention there is a roughly $225+/- Mercury surcharge for Platinum after the first year of factory warranty.
    $3000 for 5 extra years?? Hail Yes!!

6. Member
    you may want to check with Don or Rhonda at European marine. they had the best price i found when calling around. they give BBC members a discount
    2021 Boston Whaler Montauk 170 2021 Merc 115 EXLPT EFI CT serial# 2B801590
    2014 Pathfinder 2200T 2014 Yamaha 250 Sho sold 2000 Allison 2003t 2005 Merc 2.5 280 SS sold

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BASS BUM View Post
    you may want to check with Don or Rhonda at European marine. they had the best price i found when calling around. they give BBC members a discount
    +1!
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

8. Member
    Give Don a call.
    BBC discount

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrain89 View Post
    I would say it seems like a good price if it’s 5 additional years of platinum coverage. My dealer quoted me $3500 a year ago when I bough my boy for the same coverage. I opted to wait and do it before the 3 year factory warranty expires
    wow i was quoted 9000 for my 2020 pro xs 300 these motors are all the same from 200 to 300 v8 save for pretty much i would like to know that dealer name also Don quoted mine

10. Member
    Dealer name please? Cause my quote was outrageous as well, I'm aware there is a price difference based on motors, but maybe your dealer can save me some money

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Please remember to provide your engine serial number when posting. Definitely helpful in cases like this.

There is NO SUCH THING as “Platinum Warranty”. “Warranty” is the FACTORY warranty. Anything after that is a Service Contract (such as Platinum Product Protection).

Pricing is based on the engine’s horsepower, the length of the contract, what (if any) Product Protection might be upgrading, PLUS surcharges (per contract) beginning with the first anniversary of engine registration.

Pricing is serial number specific, and can be honored for a limited time.

Drop me an EMAIL with the serial number for a written quote.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

12. Member
    wow seems like in 18 I bought my 250 pro that I spent 750 bucks extra for platinum

13. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2dwoods View Post
    wow seems like in 18 I bought my 250 pro that I spent 750 bucks extra for platinum
    Again fellows- it depends on what the engine HAS ALREADY, how long it's been in service, the engine Horsepower, how many years are being purchased, etc.

Think of it this way: A guy that buys a little Bass Tracker with a 9.9 Pro-Kicker on it can buy 5 Years of Platinum Product Protection for just a few hundred dollars.

His buddy with a 21' bassboat, running a 250 ProXS will spend thousands (rather than hundreds).

And still another buddy with an Allison running a 350R will spend close to double the above.

And that's assuming that they each were registered yesterday, with no "Gold Certificate" provided by the selling dealer.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor