Thread: Ponderings

Ponderings

I like to stare at the human aquarium because it intrigues me. I was thinking about this forum earlier and assembled some numbers that I find interesting.

Rexico's recently closed thread had 176 replies in just over a week. You have to combine all the responses from the previous 58 threads dating back three weeks to match or exceed that number.

Rexico has started 61 threads on the faith forum with over 1200 combined responses!

Godsdozer starts threads almost daily. Even at that high rate I went back and looked at over 200 of his threads dating back several weeks and the combined responses barely exceed 200 so I stopped counting.

A couple of others post daily verses regularly with virtually no responses whatsoever.

What can we glean from this?

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/glean

Full blood Nikonian

2. Member
    Very good observation :

My gleaning is this:

It is kin to one of my responses in rexicos thread. "LIKE A CAR WRECK"

We do not see car wrecks often so when we do, we drive real slow to check it out. We make comments as we pass by the wreck and discuss what could have happened, who might have survived , ect.

It is the same with rexicos threads (and Houston as well)................. They post things (car wrecks) we don't hear talked about often, but they are things I would think all Christians have thought about at some point in their journey. But just like the car wreck we pass by, we dont spend much time afterwards delving into it.

As for my threads I post daily........................... I am sure Christians who have read some of them are as shocked as I was , almost amused, that someone would or could possibly think Jesus has already returned.

I don't blame them, I was there too. Like I have stated in the past, we Christians are almost tribal in our surroundings. We get comfort hanging out with people who share likeminded beliefs. We do not go outside the box very often.

For me , I knew growing up , all eschatological positions had flaws in them. That is why I appreciate the debate I posted a couple weeks ago. Each scholar sitting at that table KNOWS THE FLAWS OF THE OTHER GUY, but they are so entrenched in what they think is true, they cant see their own theological flaws in the position they hold so dearly.

Partial preterism was almost right.............................. but then I found flaws in it as well. That is why I had to study full preterism. There are no holes in full preterism.

3. Member
    Good observations. Too bad the questions are seen as car wrecks as opposed to say...a beautiful tree worth slowing down to observe.
    Full blood Nikonian

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonG View Post
    Good observations. Too bad the questions are seen as car wrecks as opposed to say...a beautiful tree worth slowing down to observe.