Couple of Caymas questions for those in the know....

I went and looked at the CV20 and CX21 yesterday at my local dealer. I was impressed with the exterior graphics of the boat but, what really impressed me was the fit and finish under the driver console. Without a doubt the best wiring job I've see yet on a bass boat. That wiring job speaks volumes to me about the entire boats fit and finish. I'm coming out of an original Champion bass boat and was planning to purchase a new 210 but, after seeing the Caymas in person, I'm seriously leaning towards buying one.

This bass boat in my opinion could be a serious contender in the bass boat market.

I'd like to know if a "backer" is used when screwing the top cap onto the hull, if so, what is the backer material, and what is the thickness of the backer material, and is the backer material glued or glassed to either the hull or top cap?

Thank you,
    Mike
    Last edited by SMChamp; 11-23-2021 at 09:20 PM.

2. Member

Caymas photos I took while at caymas plant

Caymas photos I took on one of my plant tours. This kind of shows how they attach the cap. The last photo is my own boat showing a some fellow caymas owners a photo of the wiring tubes caymas uses for running wiring. It shows also the cap screws used and how its put together. Hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SMChamp View Post
    I went and looked at the CV20 and CX21 yesterday at my local dealer. I was impressed with the exterior graphics of the boat but, what really impressed me was the fit and finish under the driver console. Without a doubt the best wiring job I've see yet on a bass boat. That wiring job speaks volumes to me about the entire boats fit and finish. I'm coming out of an original Champion bass boat and was planning to purchase a new 210 but, after seeing the Caymas in person, I'm seriously leaning towards buying one.

This bass boat in my opinion could be a serious contender in the bass boat market.

I'd like to know if a "backer" is used when screwing the top cap onto the hull, if so, what is the backer material, and what is the thickness of the backer material, and is the backer material glued or glassed to either the hull or top cap?

Thank you,
    Mike
    That’s a new one for me (backer) don’t think I have seen what you are talking about at Triton, Ranger, Stratos or Caymas, I use to take take guys all the time to Earls place for guide trips threw the factory!!