Running network cable-P2

My two Garmin units have never networked from day one. Figured it was a settings issue or user error. Finally hooked them up using an office cable and they networked immediately.

Not wanting to go through the time to take back to the dealer, I bought a new cable locally and want to try to replace the original. I need tips on doing this. I guess I will attach old to new? Is there a best direction to pull? How durable are these cables?
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

PMantle,

Unfortunately odds are the existing cables are taped into the loom and you won’t be able to pull them as a separate item. We try to tape them up to prevent loose wiring hanging and the loom being unattractive.

You could try securing them to existing cabling and wires while pulling the network cable separate.

3. Member
    Hey PMantle, I saw your thread over on the Garmin sub-forum, sorry about the bad ethernet cable. I just replaced my factory installed Lowrance units with new Garmin units last year. As such, I had to run an ethernet cable and was not able to pull front-to-back. I used a fish tape and running that ethernet cable was the easiest part of the install. Not sure if the newer P2s are much different, if not then those cables are easy to access. I taped up the ethernet cable to the end of my fish tape, took off the cable caddy plate where the cables pop out of the glass at the bow, and then fished it toward the cockpit. Since that starboard side locker is so big, you can easily fish and secure the new cable to the existing cables without much fuss. Did it alone, and that part took 20 minutes tops.
    2014 BassCat PII
    Mercury 200 ProXS
    http://offthechartsboating.com

4. Member
    Thanks You two. That was a lot of help and probably saved me a lot of head ache.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro