1993 LS200 Livewell Setup

Hey guys,

Trying to wrap my brain around some wiring and make sure everything is as it should be. I have a switch for the livewells at the console that can be set to fresh or recirc.

1. I know fresh will pump in water from the lake and recirc will just recirculate the water in the tanks. I have a manual toggle behind my seat that opens and closes the drain for the livewell. What's the correct way to operate these livewells?

2. If I set it to fresh, how will I keep the livewells from overflowing if the drain is at the bottom of the well?

3. To operate on recirc, I just close the drain valve and run it on recirculate correct?

3. Does my boat not have a pump out option? I have 2 holes at the back that I assume are both for the bilge pumps.

Thanks for the help guys.

2. Member
    Your livewell should have an over flow. Look in the livewell, the drain is at the very bottom, the next thing should be the inlet for the recirc pump, at the top will be the recirc head then on the other side is the fresh water head. And if your boat is like the one ls 175 I had the overflow will be in middle at the top

3. Member
    Yep. I have one recirc pump at the bottom of each side and one outlet that sprays in the top on each side. Overflow very top center. Then I have the two pumps in the bilge that pump in the top, one on each side. I guess I don't have a pump out, just the drain.

If the weather isn't too hot and the water is ok, should I just run fresh on a timer and let it overflow over time? Then switch to recirc when on plane? Or fill and then switch to recirc once full?

4. Member
    In the cooler weather you don't have to worry about it as much as you do in hot weather.
    Last week I took two high school kids fishing in a tournament and we had 5 to 6 fish in the livewell, I run the recirc pump manually about every 10 minutes. And that was probably more than the fish needed.
    In the summer it's a whole different can of worms. Best case would be something like recirc pump on a timer every two minutes and freshwater on a timer every 10 minutes.