Best gear ratio for Texas rig...

So, 4 of my 5 setups are complete. I just need a final reel for my last setup. It will be a new model BB1 pro in either 7.5:1 or 8.3:1. The rod is a Falcon Amistad. I will use it for Texas rigs, top water (prop/frog), flipping and such.
    I already have:
    6.4:1 Curado DC + Falcon Head Turner
    7.5:1 Lew's Tournament MP + Falcon Weightless Worm
    7.5:1 Curado DC + Falcon Finesse Jig
    6.2:1 Lew's Custom Pro Spin + Lew's Mach 2 Trick Worm

Probably not a lot of difference between those 2 speeds inches per turn wise. I tend to go with the 8 speed reels for flipping, pitching and punching.

3. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    My T rig set up is a Daiwa 7’3” MH-F Tatula Elite rod with a Daiwa SV103 in 7:1.

Id get the 7.5:1 in the BB1. I have the 8.3 in the Bass Pro Shops Platinum line (Lews and Bass Pro are the same) and the 8.3 is fine for how I jerkbait but it’s just a little too fast for me for anything else other than a buzzbait or buzzfrog. And the 7.5 does those things just as well.

The 7.5 will make the rod & reel a little more versatile and help slow you down a little. It’s not a huge difference though.

I use 50lb Sufix 832, 4/0 Gamakatsu SL hook, 1/4 tungsten weight and speed worm at least 70% of the time to start the day.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV