VesselView not connecting

I have a VV on a 2018 250 Pro XS (2B535602) It was connecting fine until I fished a tournament a couple weeks ago. I think my Iphone picked up someone else's motor before we took off. When I open the app it shows 456 hours. My motor only has around 12. I've tried the Light Blue App, deleting the VV app, unplugging the module and other things. The Light Blue app has worked for me before after an Iphone update, but not this time. Does anyone have any other Ideas?

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Have you tried connecting with just your key (and lanyard) ON, while parked in the driveway? Does sound like you managed to hi-jack someone else's VVM.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Yes I have Don. No luck.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Remove the app completely from your device, then go into Bluetooth settings/connections, and tell your phone to "forget this device".

Reboot your phone, cycle the engine key OFF, and try reinstalling the APP again.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Update: I stated in my OP that I had tried the LightBlue app to find my VesselView module with no luck. Actually, it was finding it the whole time. The problem was, I didn't see VesselView on the list of Bluetooth devices that LightBlue found. With help from Mercury support I found out that it may show up as 00000000000000000. I had seen the zeros befoe but assumed it was just junk. I never clicked on it. When I did, it came up VesselView. I interrogated the module and it connected right up.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vr180 View Post
    Update: I stated in my OP that I had tried the LightBlue app to find my VesselView module with no luck. Actually, it was finding it the whole time. The problem was, I didn't see VesselView on the list of Bluetooth devices that LightBlue found. With help from Mercury support I found out that it may show up as 00000000000000000. I had seen the zeros befoe but assumed it was just junk. I never clicked on it. When I did, it came up VesselView. I interrogated the module and it connected right up.
    Thank you for sharing that- going to add it to one of the FAQ posts.