Mercury 150efi 2004...Likely replacing starter but have a couple of questions.

<0T945433>This motor has very few hours...runs great....The last time I went out, turned the key, got power, but starter did not engage....I tapped the starter but it didn't move...I trimmed the motor up nearly all the way and then it started....Do you think this is just the bendix sticking or possibly low volts on the battery? it ran fine that morning and cranked up afterwards without having to trim the motor up...but I am don't want to get stuck out with it not engaging...Thanks so much!!
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 11-23-2021 at 01:08 PM.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

May be as simple as a poor connection at the cannon-plug connector (inside the cowling).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Thank you!! I'm sorry for the oversight of serial#......It is 0T945433.....I tried to locate this connector online, but where is it exactly?

4. Member
    That’s the main plug that connects the wiring harness from the boat to the motor. I think on the starboard side of motor.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay