11/21/21 report good afternoon.

After being busy all day Saturday (wife’s friend’s daughter got married, at least the food was good 👍) and church Sunday morning I finally had some free time this afternoon to fish. Got on the water 1:30 nasty windy but was dressed for it. Wt 43.6/44* this is same lake I was at last weekend and I think the water was a Touch cleaner as well. Started with the jerkbait (the only bait I through all afternoon) and they were after it. Bass, blue gills, walleye’s!! It was a good day. Nothing big but just a fun time catching fish. I should make it out a few times over the holiday weekend as well. Hopefully you guys haven’t put your boats away yet!
    7948CA95-EAB7-489B-AFC4-0BD96712E43F.jpeg
    13A19A04-449B-48CF-892D-5E67ED1C694B.jpeg

2. Member
    Nice work! Are you hitting lakes in SW Iowa? I’m in Omaha and hoping to hit somewhere over the holiday weekend with the old Ranger.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NEbass97 View Post
    Nice work! Are you hitting lakes in SW Iowa? I’m in Omaha and hoping to hit somewhere over the holiday weekend with the old Ranger.
    Thank you, I’ve had the best November fishing that I’ve ever had. Yes I’m fishing lake in sw Iowa lots of them are electric only as well so you have to know how to load/unload with out your gas engine. Plus most of the boat docks have been taken out so that makes it a little harder to. Some of my favorite fishing spots are, Anita,Viking,greenfield,binder,bridge water, 12-mile, green valley. Lake of 3 fires, meadow. Hmm that’s about all the lakes I fish.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    Thank you, I’ve had the best November fishing that I’ve ever had. Yes I’m fishing lake in sw Iowa lots of them are electric only as well so you have to know how to load/unload with out your gas engine. Plus most of the boat docks have been taken out so that makes it a little harder to. Some of my favorite fishing spots are, Anita,Viking,greenfield,binder,bridge water, 12-mile, green valley. Lake of 3 fires, meadow. Hmm that’s about all the lakes I fish.

thanks for sharing! Im a big fan of a lot of the lakes you listed. I wish I were closer to those as opposed to the ones in the Omaha metro. I’ve had much better success in Iowa. Tight lines!

5. Member
    Absolutely. Sw Iowa has some good fishing and good camping! I try and hit the bigger lake early in the year before the tournament season really gets going. Seems fishing gets harder once the pressure gets put on. I think that’s why I like the smaller lakes so much there’s just less people on the water.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    Absolutely. Sw Iowa has some good fishing and good camping! I try and hit the bigger lake early in the year before the tournament season really gets going. Seems fishing gets harder once the pressure gets put on. I think that’s why I like the smaller lakes so much there’s just less people on the water.
    I’m in the same boat. On the other hand, Lewis and Clark and MO River up near the SD/NE border can’t be beat in my opinion. If I had to pick one place to fish somewhat in the area that’s where I’m going.

I’m in the same boat. On the other hand, Lewis and Clark and MO River up near the SD/NE border can’t be beat in my opinion. If I had to pick one place to fish somewhat in the area that’s where I’m going.

I never fished that one. In fact, I never really fished anything in that direction. Wish I would have gave it a try now.
    2007 Triton TR-21X w/ Pro XS 250
    6" T&H Hi Jacker w/ 2" spacers
    26P Tempest

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVE81 View Post
    I never fished that one. In fact, I never really fished anything in that direction. Wish I would have gave it a try now.
    The bass up there fight like mad men…. It’s insane. I still haven’t found any really good smallies yet, but I know of a few places that 100% hold fish next time I get up there.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVE81 View Post
    side note - are you worried about IL tournaments with the new length limits on bass??

side note - are you worried about IL tournaments with the new length limits on bass??
    Honestly, I did not even know that changed. I have just recently seen the change about the state now taking more money away from the overall tournament purse. IL is the worst state I've ever seen when it comes to a money grab. That pretty much checks with what they are already doing.

I'll have to check on the length limit change. I actually have no idea what the original length limit was. I haven't fished a tournament since I left NE and have hardly fished at all regardless. I do plan to fish the Illini division of BFL's this year though. To give you some kind of an idea what fishing is like in IL, it is basically a given that if you only weigh in ONE fish per tournament, you will guarantee your spot to the divisional.
    2007 Triton TR-21X w/ Pro XS 250
    6" T&H Hi Jacker w/ 2" spacers
    26P Tempest