Question Help removing the tilt unit

I have a 1992 Yamaha 70hp motor. I need to replace the tilt unit (not the trim) cannot figure out how to get it out or at least move it so I can remove the two pins holding the bottom of the unit. I have it loose but it doesn’t slide up or out to let me remove those pins which are holding it in.
    Thanks

2. Member
    Are you wanting to remove the tilt piston without first removing the entire trim and tilt unit from the motor?

3. Member
    You mention two pins. I am seeing but one rod attaching the tilt piston to the assembly. What am I missing?

4. Member
    Probably used incorrectly terminology. Number 13. It looks like it just sets into the shaft but mine seem to be into both the tilt shaft and the main body. Can I drive them back into the tilt unit through the bolt holes?

5. Member
    Yes

6. Member
    I just moved it far enough to see that there is a rod insert into this hole that runs from one side to the other, but I can’t move the unit to clear this hole. Is this supposed to come out without removing the engine? It slides up and down about an inch but that’s it. Number 14 is the rod

7. Member
    Unbolted the motor holder and was able to move it enough to access the pin and knock it out.