98 3L Mercury Saltwater 225 Lower Unit

What's a fair price range for resealing a lower unit for a 3L Mercury?

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

Really need to get pricing from whomever is performing the work. Labor charges vary around the country- assuming that there's no corrosion and no internal damage, these can usually be resealed in about 2-1/2 (+/- 15 min) hours. A reasonable diagnostic charge should be expected to confirm/diagnose the leak.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

Really need to get pricing from whomever is performing the work. Labor charges vary around the country- assuming that there's no corrosion and no internal damage, these can usually be resealed in about 2-1/2 (+/- 15 min) hours. A reasonable diagnostic charge should be expected to confirm/diagnose the leak.
    Thank you for your help. I wasn't sure how to find serial number for the lower unit I do not have the power head. Hoping to find somebody that will fix it before Christmas.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    It would be the serial number of the engine it's intended to be used on, in most cases.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor