Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
  1. Member
    It looks like most here are seeing fraudulent charges by companies that appear to be fronts for the sole purpose of stealing money from credit/debit cards. Try Googling the mentioned company names and you’ll see what I mean. It is my understanding that the business or entity that authorizes card transactions is ultimately responsible for all card transactions, whether it be credit or debit card. If the charge is false and disputed than that entity has to pay it. But if the entity in question is fake to begin with who then pays? Seems to me that Visa and MC need to better control who gets access to their services.

2. Member
    Got hit for $350 in online purchase to a BBQ place in California.
    2006 Stratos 294 Pro XL.2005 Yamaha 200 VMAX 3.1L. 8" Hydro Dynamics Rapid Jack. Ultrex 112 I-Plot link. 2 Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N.

3. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Perhaps we should all do a better job reading and/or refusing the Agreements that the majority of credit and online companies require you accept before creating an account for their services. They all do it, and they even tell us they do it in the Agreement and 99.997% of us hit the Accept button. We've kind of done it to ourselves haven't we? The world of instant gratification. . just add to cart

4. Member
    It's been two weeks and I continue to mop up messes. The latest was financing for a $2K puppy at a bank in Las Vegas, bad news I'm in Michigan. Whatever in the hell happened there was a huge breach somewhere. Everything is locked down at this point but afraid the damage was done. Just hoping I've caught everything. This is really wearing on me.

I'm all for convenience but these on-line only banking institutions is simply asking for trouble and seem to be money laundering operations.

5. Member
    I did a search for CNP fraud and while there were many stories about the increase over the past several years there was nothing on a recent breach. I asked about it on a forum for a different hobby of mine and there were no reports of recent incidents so maybe there is some connection to fishing.
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zelmo View Post
    I did a search for CNP fraud and while there were many stories about the increase over the past several years there was nothing on a recent breach. I asked about it on a forum for a different hobby of mine and there were no reports of recent incidents so maybe there is some connection to fishing.
    My only comment is this all started with the only card I've ever used at TW. It was also tied to my PayPal account. The rest they say is history......

Got hit this morning for an Uber charge in Amsterdam.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

And the TW madness continues...more folks reporting getting ripped here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bassfishing...g_from_tackle/

9. Member
    Just made a purchase from TW with replacement card. See if it happens again.

Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    Just made a purchase from TW with replacement card. See if it happens again.
    Thanks for testing it for us.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Macsimus View Post
    Thanks for testing it for us.
    It's what I'm here for.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    Got hit for $350 in online purchase to a BBQ place in California.
    Terrible, that's also like 1lb of brisket with current day pricing.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerFive1Niner View Post
    Perhaps we should all do a better job reading and/or refusing the Agreements that the majority of credit and online companies require you accept before creating an account for their services. They all do it, and they even tell us they do it in the Agreement and 99.997% of us hit the Accept button. We've kind of done it to ourselves haven't we? The world of instant gratification. . just add to cart
    "They" all do what? Have you read the agreement? They say nothing about agreeing to have your bank account or credit card numbers available to people looking to steal your money. Shared information has nothing to do with this.

In fact credit cards are considered the safest money to spend. Many (if not all required by law) protect you against any unauthorized charges. The unauthorized charges are also the credit card companies money, not your money, so while things are being sorted out, you don't have the burden of having your money stole.

It sounds like you know nothing of what you speak, yet when a group of people are dealing with a problem, you like to jump in and preach about the old school way, when you don't understand what is actually going on.

I have not been hit and I have never bought anything from TW. Coincidence? I think not.

My CC got hit today but the CC company notified me about certain charges suspecting fraud and of course it was. Has to be from the TW breach.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112