Large graphs at RT console

Just curious whose got a large 12 or 16" unit at the dash of your RT188? How is it mounted? Currently I've got 2 hds
    carbon 9's. 1 at the dash on a balzout mount and 1 up front. I just added a ghost trolling motor and now I'm considering adding another graph and live target. I can get another carbon 9 on black Friday or I can get carbon 12 or 16 and move the 9 i have to the front. I'm just not sure how a 16" unit would fit at the console. I don't think the current balzout would be good for 16. Suggestions?

2. Member
    I have 2 12" Carbons at the console and one 12" Carbon at the bow (2016 RT188). I started with two 9's at the console. It will negatively affect the way the cover fits but that's about my only issue. I don't have any decent pics, but the boat is readily visible on YouTube @ Porter's Pursuits. I am using a Dek-It Pro Mount.

3. Member
    I have seen 12's on a bass boat technologies mount on my 17 198p. I wouldn't go any bigger than that. There is different consoles for 17, 18 and 19, and 20. But BBT makes them for every one. Precision Sonar is another good brand. The main thing to look for is if you do not have hydraulic steering you might need the wheel extension piece.

4. Member
    Yeah, I've been looking at the Precision Sonar console mount, but I'm thinking I'll just add a 2nd carbon 9 and live target to the bow and add a power pole instead. That's about the same total cost as adding a 12 or 16" w/ live target.

5. Member
    I use a Precision Sonar mount on my 2019 RT188. I have a Helix 12 mounted at the console. Spend the extra cash and get the steering wheel spacer. The spacer get the wheel away from the graph so everything is not jammed together. All of this is rock solid
    2023 Triton 18TRX
    2023 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    80# Ultrex IPilot Link
    Helix 12 Mega SI & Garmin Livescope w/ 1242XSV GPSmap

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassakwards View Post
    Yeah, I've been looking at the Precision Sonar console mount, but I'm thinking I'll just add a 2nd carbon 9 and live target to the bow and add a power pole instead. That's about the same total cost as adding a 12 or 16" w/ live target.
    I had livescope on my boat last year. It wasn't for me. I just get sick of watching my screen all day. The technology is awesome though. I still think my garmin is a tad clearer but lowrance does a good job with it (best friend has active target). I don't think you can go wrong with either choice you make. A 12 inch is nice to have at the wheel to have multiple things up at once. I actually bought the 12 inch carbon this morning at bass pro on sale for my Ranger. They have the 12's for 1499 which is quite a bit less than you doing a 9 with active target and a power pole.

I think you just need to get you a 12 for the console, another 9 with active target, and dual power poles. Treat yourself LOL

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerguy35 View Post
    I had livescope on my boat last year. It wasn't for me. I just get sick of watching my screen all day. The technology is awesome though. I still think my garmin is a tad clearer but lowrance does a good job with it (best friend has active target). I don't think you can go wrong with either choice you make. A 12 inch is nice to have at the wheel to have multiple things up at once. I actually bought the 12 inch carbon this morning at bass pro on sale for my Ranger. They have the 12's for 1499 which is quite a bit less than you doing a 9 with active target and a power pole.

I think you just need to get you a 12 for the console, another 9 with active target, and dual power poles. Treat yourself LOL
    Yeah I'm leaning towards getting the carbon 12 for the console. Do you think the balzout mount will be able to handle it?

8. Member
    Yeah I'm leaning towards getting the carbon 12 for the console. Do you think the balzout mount will be able to handle it?
    Those mounts are pretty sturdy. I think you will be okay. I am putting mine on a bass boat technology mount. https://www.bassboattech.com/index.p...8-single-mount

9. Member
    Yeah, its pretty strong. If I was able to keep my boat in my garage at my house, I would have it mounted on the console. I store it outside under a cover so I take them off and keep them in the house.

10. Member
    I ordered the Carbon 12 from BPS.

11. Member
    I have a 12" Carbon mounted on BBT mount on my RT198 console. If you would like some picts just send me your email. I am not sure how to upload picts here.

12. Member
    Anybody have any recommendations for dual mount at the bow? I ordered a BBT dual mount and they emailed me saying that it wouldn't work with the RT.

13. Member
    Anybody have any recommendations for dual mount at the bow? I ordered a BBT dual mount and they emailed me saying that it wouldn't work with the RT.
    Really? I've seen it or online on our boats. Precision sonar may have one. Maybe dek it mounts as well. Might be because you got a 12 inch unit as well. I've only seen dual nines.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerguy35 View Post
    Really? I've seen it or online on our boats. Precision sonar may have one. Maybe dek it mounts as well. Might be because you got a 12 inch unit as well. I've only seen dual nines.
    I'll have dual 9's on the bow. The 12 will be at the dash on the Balzout for now. BBT said the dual stack would probably hit my shins on the trolling motor pedal because the nose of the RT is so pointed. They offered another option but it doesn't work for me either.

15. Member
    Makes sense. I didn't know you was putting up front. I didn't catch that part. That's good to know though. For dual up front try cornfield crappie mounts. Local installer uses them a lot here and they are rock solid.

16. Member
    Another question about the console mount. When I bought my RT I had the dealer remove the Elite 7 or whatever came stock in the console and they put a plate over the hole and added Mercmonitor sc1000 digital gauge in the center. If I was going to get a precision sonar or BBT console mount, etc I would have to remove / relocate the SC1000. Its smaller than the tach / speedo and bigger than the fuel and trim gauges. Where would you put it, or which of the other gauages would you remove?

17. Member
    I thought you were supposed to replace your tach with the sc1000? That's what I would do. You have two gauges doing the same thing. You might need to order a brand new console panel. You can get them from Ranger directly. Cut out your own holes to fit everything exactly how you need it.