New 2021 Ranger Z18 , V8 200 4Stroke 12000027A

Here's the deal--- I have a new '21 200 4Stroke that was delivered 13 months ago and has never been started . Gas is what was in from the dealer. I've read up on factory recommendations; but, want to get some feedback due to this delay in initial start-up and brake-in. I don't know if dealer treated the fuel , etc. . Will also have questions on the Humminbird Electronics site as to switching out the Lowrance pkg. I am located in the Birmingham, Ala . area.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

I would recommend that all of the fuel be siphoned from the tank, then add FRESH fuel and start the engine's life off with good fuel. Depending on the length of time since the engine's build date, there may be further recommendations in terms of maintenance that is required (serial number will help there).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Sorry, S/N 2B785879
    Any other recommendations would be appreciated.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Built 8/11/2020, so you should be ok there.

IF it were mine:

-Siphon old fuel and use in car or truck.

-Start with a fresh load of 87 octane, running Quickare AND Quickleen

-Run engine long enough to get the fresh fuel up through the system (on hose: 10 minutes)

-Perform all ANNUAL (Once per Year or every 100 hours of Operation) Maintenance, including fuel filter.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Thanks! Will do….